• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yeah very nice. I would have hard time getting rid of something I put that much time money and effort into. Cool sleds.

PureBlue said:
Ak Yammy said:
yamajammer76 said:
bottlerocket said:
"industry first" would be a rebadge right?

Oh there have been plenty of re-badges over the years. For many many years the Moto-Ski was a re-badged Ski-Doo until they finally phased it out in the mid 80's.

In the Scandinavian market Lynx is a Ski-Doo with a funky front suspension. Almost a rebadge.
Snow-jet when they were bought out by Kawasaki, still looked like the snow-jet, but had Kawasaki on the hood, and i think it had a yamaha motor, i think. The next year it was all Kawasaki with differant chassi.

Actually when Sno-Jet was bought by Kawasaki Arctic Enterprises was contracted to build the line at the time until the following year when Kaw moved sled production to their Lincoln, NE factory and made a pure Kawasaki sled. Arctic Enterprises also built a Suzuki Fury for a year or two when they started using the Suzuki engine. Last Arctic Enterprises built Scorpion sleds as well up to their bankruptcy in 1981.

It might be hard to believe today... but Arctic Enterprises was the monster in the sled industry before they went under in 1981. Ever since they came back they have been relatively successful, but never able to break out from 3rd or 4th place in sales.

2BLUE4U said:
Sg3540 said:
2blue, I noticed you have an orange and white yammi. Any chance it's your sled that been shopped in those pics? And that fighter pilot gauge cluster would come courtesy of BRP with a heads up display in the modular helmet? Let's not joke about the Austin powers type oil slick out the back til we know whos building the drivetrain.

haha! I don't think so but you can give it a shot...depending on what I see tomorrow, this one might be for sale...

2012-08-28_22-13-54_817.jpg

Ha, haven't seen that sled in a while. Still a loiker I see. Hope all is well.

fortunately I only stuck a pile of money into one of them...the orange one had $20K into it when I bought it. Thanks for the compliments...If I had a dollar for everytime someone is staring at them in the parking lot, I could pay cash for a 2014.

Do we get some sort of email notification tomorrow when this thing goes live on yamaha-motor.com? I signed up with the snake dude, so I'm assuming so? better not be during my 10:30 conference call!!

Back