• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Benwaballs said:
RW06GT said:
LOL @ the whiners! You just can't please everyone. I see this partnership as nothing but positive. My turbo procross is only disappointing in the engine compartment. It will be for sale if the blue sled has the nytro motor!

I agree 100% so sick of all these cry babies! they have zero info on the new product I for one cant wait for a snowcross/nytro

As far as I read the press release it says "select" Yamaha snowmobiles. My guess is the FX series sleds will be replaced and Yamaha will be back to building one chassis (DBII). I would assume the DBII sleds will see some improvements for next year so if you want a new sled and want a real Yamaha then you can still buy one.

With that said this new YamaCat will probably be a better rough trail sled then the Nytro was and is probably a lot cheaper to produce. I don't see Yamaha giving up on the trail cruisers because that is a place where they really excel. Now some have said a new Yamaha mountain sled for next year. The way that market is going I could see an all new in-house product there especially if they want to take it places that AC won't.

Here's what Chris Reid has to say about this merger with AC...got it from his Sled Blog:

Catz Out’a the Bag

Well folks, this has to be one of the most speculated new product launches in our history. I met Tom G aka ‘Mr Sled’ last night, the owner of the Totallyamaha forums web-site who told me his server almost blew a gasket trying to handle all the people itching to post on the new stuff. I have followed the 2014 thread up to around the 130th page with a lot of mixed emotions, often reflecting on what I would write here today…

I remember what I first thought and how I felt when it was proposed that we enter into an agreement with our competition and I believe I have a very good understanding of what some of you are mulling over.

I think it is really important to clarify what the fundamental arrangement is about. This is not a merger, there have been no shares bought or sold and the management, policies and organizations of each company still stand alone. Yamaha and Arctic Cat have entered into a very specific ‘supply agreement’ contract. That’s it, no more, no less.

We (Yamaha) have a long term vision that embodies our product plan which includes new engines and models designed and manufactured at our factory in Japan. Todays announcement has not seen any of our model lines discontinued. We haven’t taken anything away, instead we have dropped 6 new models into the mix and you now have more choices than ever.

The SR Viper delivers our FX Nytro engine in a unique version of Cats ProX chassis which is arguably the most advanced on the market today. Yes it is assembled in their Thief River Falls facility under rapidly evolving QA protocol that meets Yamaha global standards.

To understand the foundation for this supply agreement you have to look beyond the hardware to the actual business model. I will explain more about this in the coming weeks but for now I can summarize it by saying this is a business win-win. We both have our strengths and are eager to learn from each other.

I would like to expand on what some of the opportunities are that I see for the future but that would only be speculation on my part. And you guys certainly don’t need my help to speculate ;) . I am going to cut my post short and let you digest.

For now; know that we are committed to the future of a strong lineup of Yamaha original snowmobiles. We are moving more manpower and resources into North America as we position ourselves to regain our fair share of the market. We have established a new NA snowmobile team combining our top guys in Canada and the US into a cohesive business unit. We have a new friend and ally in our quest but is unknown how this will ultimately unfold.

Today we can offer you the industries best engine in a damn fine chassis that handles and feels different than anything else in our stable. Is it better than an Apex, Vector or Nytro? Only you can answer that… It is a very cool sled with some excellent features and you have more choice. It’s all good!

Cheers cr

Hopefully it uses Yamaha clutches & drive system, not the belt blowing a/c setup.

Speechless... .

Since the snowmobile division is such a small part of Yamaha as a company, why couldn't you just let us wait a couple of more years for a new chassis instead of doing this.

Oh my god...

I'll take the 137" SrViper LTX with the slide action rear suspension - I had a Cat 1100 Procross 128" Turbo and the chasis was fantastic - but I would be happy with some more length.

When I sold it I kept saying if only Cat had Yammie Engines!

I think the SRViper is going to be a hell of a fun sled - One of the best 4 stroke engines combined with the best chasis bar none right now.

I am not biased - Over the years I have had about 1/2 Yammie's and half Kitties plus a few Doo's thrown in.

Cat knows how to build a chasis - this is like the best of both Worlds.

Best Engines plus best Chasis!

natedawgedog said:
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modeloverview/cat/2014/61/model_overview.aspx

Color me EXTATIC! Not sure which to get SR Viper LTX or XTX. Weid that they are selling the nytro XTX side by side with the new sleds.

2012 XFR Turbo procross FOR SALE!

Low miles original belt lol. :jump:

I was actually excited about the possibility of a Procross Yami. This is until I read this line:

"In addition to expanding the engine supply agreement with Yamaha, Arctic Cat also has expanded a co-branding agreement to build select Yamaha snowmobiles in Arctic Cat’s Thief River Falls, Minn., factory according to Yamaha’s specifications."

•Legendary Yamaha Clutching
The SR Viper XTX SE uses the legendary Yamaha YVXC clutching. Easily the most reliable and durable clutch system in the industry, the YVXC has evolved to efficiently handle the unique power characteristics of the Genesis 4-stroke engine.
•Multi-purpose magnesium chaincase
The SR Viper XTX SE’s chain case and cover serve as both a mounting point for chassis spars and the engine’s oil reservoir. Lightweight magnesium construction minimizes weight.

yamaha-motor.com

Back