• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Not having to adjust the clutches would probably be the best part. You could plug into the computer and adjust the variable displacement pump without having to purchase differs gears chains or weights on your sled. This would make it quicker to setup your sled for drags, xc racing, and hill climb. And for the race teams they could quickly adjust for varying conditions just with a computer.

Also with this system you could "gear" it down for more bottom torque without compromising top end by simply programming it to change throughout different speeds and rpms.

Got this off facebook, its a can am lol

Attachments

• 66715_479202978806133_1900621659_n.png
    66715_479202978806133_1900621659_n.png
    503.8 KB · Views: 128
BigShow29 said:
De250r said:
I don't think boiling down Polaris Fusions for fuel will do us any good. Though that would make those sleds useful. Lol

:jump: ;)!
Lol I bet we can hit 100 tonight. I ve always wondered why sleds aren't more like sport quads.

If they could come out with an HST that did away with the cvt and chain case AND was lighter AND didn't add cost to the sled they'd really have something. But, how well does an HST coast? In my experience they don't. What about braking? The hydrostatics I've used didn't have a traditional brake. Once you let off the drive levers it stops. I don't think it would be well suited for high speed performance riding. I could see it on a Viking specially set up for towing/ grooming.

An HST has some really good features but I think it's a really expensive solution to a "problem" that really doesn't exist. If they do come out with that type of system, I won't be buying a 1st year model. Way too many things that could go wrong.

I like that color of that Spyder. I hope Yamaha comes out with some new cool colors for their new sled!! I have had too many blue or black or red Yamahas !!

4strokes are better than2 said:
new sled is a twin cylinder 190hp 500lb new chassi di fuel injection flyby wire throttle.a twin is the only way to get the weight down.

Was waiting for the 1000cc phazer that never happened

Back