• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sledhead23 said:
it would be hard to photoshop those alterations

yes, hard but do-able with enough time and skill. I have waaaaay too many hours in working with photoshop, and while I am not saying tis fake or real, the 'YAMA' part on the riders left arm seems odd to me, as well as that all color was stripped from the image, which would make it easier to change the hue over to blue and add back in some slight coloration. Having said that, I have no freggin clue if its real or not!

I also believe this could be yamaha creating a ton of hype 1 day9 hours and 53 minutes before release. My girlfriend is in graphic design and marketing and said business she knows of have done this in the past. notice how it doesn't allow us to see the tunnel and we also don't know any specs.

i dont know what to think i'm disappointed that yamaha basically gave up in the chassis area but still interested in whats under the hood and why they went this way. if i was in sled developing for yamaha i would be embarrassed. god i hope thats a really really good photoshop

i'll play devils advocate and pretend for a second that it is real. I still cant fathom that a rebranding is true... Okay, maybe Yami picked up some AC ProCross sleds to re-engineer and make their own, but straight up stuffing Yamaha motors in an AC chassis just doesnt make sense to me. I realize AC needs to figure out a motor situation, and lets face it, the Yami suspensions are not exactly refined, but I dont understand how the logistics of a re-brand deal would even work unless AC makes the chassis and Yami provides the motor, but then what? AC and Yami dealerships are selling the same sled in different colors?

i cant help but feel, or at least want to feel, that some photoshop guru is out there laughing like mad!

EDIT: and some people thought we might not make it to 100 pages by the 20th!

Obviously if that picture was a photoshop, the original is somewhere on the internet! We've got another day to wait, let the search begin!

Hopefully the other half is different lol. But, ya I do agree with kyleg about a lack of ingenuity on there part if this is real. Just hope they do something different with their mountain segment (which is the type I will probably be buying in a few years). O ya, if it is real, remind me to never trust a yamaha rep who said AC didn't play apart.

I did that already... albeit a short search using google images drag-n-drop, I even changed it to AC green to see if that would change things. I didnt find anything, but didnt try all that hard.

Better question, has anyone ever seen that Yamaha FXR jacket before? I can't seem to find it anywhere. That might prove that this pic is real.

jtssrx said:
It's real

You've been right so far, thanks for posting on the thread!

Doesn't anyone remember how the Suzuki/Kawasaki agreement worked? They both shared certain models and kept others exclusive to themselves. You could get a Suzuki Quadsport 400 sport quad in yellow, Kawasaki green with Kawasaki graphics or even an Arctic Cat DVX 400 with different plastic. The engine said Suzuki right on the side and it was a Suzuki, through and through. Worked out really nice for both Kawasaki and Arctic Cat who didn't have their own mid sized sport quad. The MX bikes were a true collaboration and shared parts and components from both companies. They worked together on designing and building the MX bikes.

Hard to say what Yamaha and Cat have worked out but it's a win win IMO. I'm sure Yamaha will be supplying motors to Cat and in exchange be able to use Cat chassis for their own sled(s). I hope the Viper has a front dump exhaust. There is real potential here for Yamaha to correct a lot of the things they were doing wrong. I don't see this sled being much if any lighter than an 1100 Pro-cross but the ride and handling will be NIGHT and DAY better than the Nytro. I'm sure most dealers will be happy to finally floor something that more people will actually buy. The biggest Yamaha dealer in Alaska still has '09 Nytros listed for sale on their website. Last spring they advertised a brand new, '08 40th anniversary Nytro for sale they just pulled out of the crate. That's ridiculous! Pretty hard to make it through the winter season trying to sell sleds very few people want. And to think, all Yamaha had to do was some REAL upgrades to the Nytro (not fricking dual skag skis) and they would have sold more sleds. At least by using a Cat chassis the sled will be updated, upgraded, and improved a little bit each year. Pretty exciting! :jump:

Back