• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

to 200 we go!

So why is everyone complaining so much that Yamaha is using Arctic Cat's chassis? I understand that Cats aren't nearly as reliable, but isn't it possible that Yamaha just got the patent rights to use this design? Maybe this chassis is 100% Yamaha built in Japan?

DeepFrz said:
to 200 we go!

So why is everyone complaining so much that Yamaha is using Arctic Cat's chassis? I understand that Cats aren't nearly as reliable, but isn't it possible that Yamaha just got the patent rights to use this design? Maybe this chassis is 100% Yamaha built in Japan?

I think even a lot of naysayers would love that idea-many just don't think it is going to happen- although it does beg the question how does this whole process work if you just are rebadging a product? Where/when are they putting in the engines- joint ventures at TRF? A US Yamaha plant? Would some more info. about this venture have to have been made public?

For that matter, Yamaha didn't decide 2 months ago to do this, how on earth did all of this partnership stay under wraps? Obviously some speculation w/ the 120 release but not anywhere close to a shared sled the next year! Not one person at either company let it slip to ANYONE in the 2 years it has been in the works? I think that is what the sled is going to look like tomorrow, but the whole situation is nothing short of miraculous that's for sure.

rindtj said:
DeepFrz said:
to 200 we go!

I think even a lot of naysayers would love that idea-many just don't think it is going to happen- although it does beg the question how does this whole process work if you just are rebadging a product? Where/when are they putting in the engines- joint ventures at TRF? A US Yamaha plant? Would some more info. about this venture have to have been made public?

For that matter, Yamaha didn't decide 2 months ago to do this, how on earth did all of this partnership stay under wraps? Obviously some speculation w/ the 120 release but not anywhere close to a shared sled the next year! Not one person at either company let it slip to ANYONE in the 2 years it has been in the works? I think that is what the sled is going to look like tomorrow, but the whole situation is nothing short of miraculous that's for sure.

Quite amazing indeed. If I remember correctly, Yamaha delayed the release of a new sled in 2011 (I'm sure that's what you're referring too). I wonder if both AC and Yamaha were planning a simultaneous release of the Procross chassis?

Ak Yammy said:
Was this already discovered??: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
I would say if the two spy shots are phony they would be pulled off their facebook page immediately. You are looking at the new Viper.

Yes, they were discovered many pages back.

Yamaha is probably loving the publicity and the viral nature of the photos, whether they are real or not. Assume they're fake. Where do you think people will be going tomorrow to find out they were duped and Yamaha has something totally different? Assume they are real. Where do you think people will go to find the production quality photos of the new sled? As far as marketing goes, win-win for Yamaha.

They'd have less traffic to their youface page if they were to take them down, and possibly more people posting angry comments if they took them down.

Photos are proabably legit, question is whats under the hood.. And also 4 teams back racing would be sweete!

DeepFrz said:
soldi said:
Photos are proabably legit, question is whats under the hood.. And also 4 teams back racing would be sweete!

Or a full Yamaha buyout of AC!

as per chris reed on yamablogs

The TY thread on 2014 MY Yamaha has grown to over 55 pages and what a fantastic read for someone who has the complete inside POV. For the record Yamaha did not buy any shares in any of our competitors companies outside of KYB shock absorbers, which is kind of ironic when you consider Skidoo now buys their shocks from Yamaha.

rindtj said:
DeepFrz said:
to 200 we go!

I'm going to throw one more thing out there... Remember Arctic Cat's factory is small and they even have had issues recently getting sleds to dealers by December... What if... And it's a big what if... This is the sled but it will be built in Yamaha's Georgia plant? Just something to think about.

yamajammer76 said:
I'm going to throw one more thing out there... Remember Arctic Cat's factory is small and they even have had issues recently getting sleds to dealers by December... What if... And it's a big what if... This is the sled but it will be built in Yamaha's Georgia plant? Just something to think about.

I agree that is a really good possibility, but it just seems crazy that at some point Yamaha wouldn't announce these plans or somehow someone didn't find out about this move- some sort of solid info. Fast approaching.

So those pics are on the Yamaha Snowmobile USA facebook page and people think they are fake? Are you fricking kidding me? EDIT - just visited the FB page and didn't see them in their photos. I'm confused?

I did finally see the green you guys are talking about but I think its just a reflection.

Didn't Chris Reid also state a while ago that Yamaha and AC didn't team up on the new sled?

We're less than 9 hours out now, I'm going to catch some Z's in the meantime. See you on the other side fellow TY'ers!

Back