• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 RTX

1tp

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Viper R-TX LE Clutched and Canned
2014 Viper L-TX SE Clutched
Other than shocks is there any other differences in the rear suspensions of the RTX LE and the RTX SE. Spec sheet says the LE has a SR 129 race vs. SR 129 for the SE. What is/are the differences. Thanks.

1tp said:
Other than shocks is there any other differences in the rear suspensions of the RTX LE and the RTX SE. Spec sheet says the LE has a SR 129 race vs. SR 129 for the SE. What is/are the differences. Thanks.

I just seen a 2015 RTX LE today at the dealer the Denver bronco colors and I didn't see any difference in the shock body. Maybe valves different. The RR has clickers on the skid shocks. The LE didn't have any clickers. So probably just valves different. One thing they did different is added the heated seat to all sleds.

YamahaTim said:
1tp said:

I just seen a 2015 RTX LE today at the dealer the Denver bronco colors and I didn't see any difference in the shock body. Maybe valves different. The RR has clickers on the skid shocks. The LE didn't have any clickers. So probably just valves different. One thing they did different is added the heated seat to all sleds.

So the this is incorrect on the website?

Built for world class racers, the Dual Shock SR 129 Race rear suspension gives you a competition-grade 13.5-inches of performance-tuned travel. The rear skid is armed with fully coupled floating front pivot arm and an upgraded pair of FOX® ZERO PROS®. Adjustable high and low speed compression damping, rebound and preload, provide optimal customization and the ability to tune from mild to stiff in minutes. The ZERO PROS® are the most premium shocks available on any Yamaha snowmobile.

csederlund said:
YamahaTim said:
1tp said:

So the this is incorrect on the website?

Built for world class racers, the Dual Shock SR 129 Race rear suspension gives you a competition-grade 13.5-inches of performance-tuned travel. The rear skid is armed with fully coupled floating front pivot arm and an upgraded pair of FOX® ZERO PROS®. Adjustable high and low speed compression damping, rebound and preload, provide optimal customization and the ability to tune from mild to stiff in minutes. The ZERO PROS® are the most premium shocks available on any Yamaha snowmobile.

No its probably right. They were not on the one I seen. But I really pay attention to if it was a ltx or xtx. Just looked real quick. But did not see any clickers. I will call tomorrow to see what it had.

Has anyone found out if there is a difference between the RTX SE and LE rear suspension other than shocks?? Thanks

1tp said:
Has anyone found out if there is a difference between the RTX SE and LE rear suspension other than shocks?? Thanks

Yes there is, the one I looked at was a SE sorry, the LE has Evols in the front and either a different shock, maybe zero pro with clickers like the RR or for sure a different valving than the SE. Sorry for the wrong info! I took a picture of it and looked and it's a SE cause it just had fox float 3's on it. My fault!

Yes besides the Fox Evol X RC's out front the LE has Fox Zero Pros in the rear, the SE has Flot 3's up front and standard no name rears

Skid is the same with some slight extra bracing and front what I have been "told" different load torsion springs

Idk if you know this or not but the le is available with 2 diff track options

basic700 said:
Idk if you know this or not but the le is available with 2 diff track options

Yep, I think 1.7 and 1.25.

Just at a show tonight. The le has stronger rails, six boogie wheel instead of four, and the shocks are remote resi's that are clicker adjustable. You have high and low speed compression and rebound adjustments. If that is all true, what I was told, they should be a nice shock setup.

I wish they would offer the LE in both colors with both track options. Some people dont need the 1.7 track but want the blue/white color

yamaha1973 said:
I wish they would offer the LE in both colors with both track options. Some people dont need the 1.7 track but want the blue/white color

I agree. I am trying to negotiate with my dealer to swap the track out on a blue/white one. Problem is not many in my area need or want a 1.7. Tough for both me or the dealership to re-sell the 1.7.

"Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice."

I always hate reading that on Yamaha's website.

1tp said:
yamaha1973 said:

I agree. I am trying to negotiate with my dealer to swap the track out on a blue/white one. Problem is not many in my area need or want a 1.7. Tough for both me or the dealership to re-sell the 1.7.
I think with a 1.7 track that thing would be a rippin machine imagine hitting drifts with that, you would prob flip over backwards!!! :jump:

I agree, I ordered a blue and white le and don't want the 1.7 inch track. How come if you spring order one you can't ORDER it the way you want!

Back