• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 VIPER MTX/ MPI TURBO ISSUES

HybidApexRTX

I PURCHASED A 2015 VIPER MTX SE BLUE/WHITE WITH MPI 190 KIT DURING THE SPRNG POWER SURGE. THE DEALER THAT I BOUGHT IT FROM GOT THE TURBO LATE AND ONLY HAD A WEEK TO GET TO THE SLED AS I MOVED 1100 MILES AWAY FROM THAT DEALER. ENDED UP GOING TO THE UP OF MICHIGAN THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS AND PUT 550 MILES ON THE SLED. THE SLED WAS GREAT ONE OF THE BEST IVE RIDEN JUST HAVE A FEW ISSUES. I COULD NOT GRAB A HANDFUL OF THROTTLE WITH OUT HITTING REV LIMITER RIGHT AWAY AND BACK FIRING. BEFOR MY BOOST GAUGE QUIT WORKING I NEVER SEEN ABOVE 4 LBS. MY UNDERSTANDING THE 190 KIT SHOULD BE 6 LBS? ANYONE HAVE ISSES WITH THE AEM BOOST GAUGES AS WELL? NOW MY AIR FUEL RATIO IS REALLY RICH MOST OF THE TIME AROUND 10.0. GOT TO MESS WITH THE GEMS CONTROLLER ANYONE HAVE SOME INSIGHT ON THEM? I ORDERED 2 CLUCH KITS FROM ULMER RACING ONE FOR SEA LEVEL RIDING AND ONE FOR 8000 FEET ON UP. JUST NOW GOT THEM AFTER THE RIDE. WILL THE SEA LEVEL JUST CLUTCHING HELP ME OUT A LOT? TOP SPEED WHEN ROLLING INTO IT IS 70 MPH @ 9000RPM STOCK. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO GO FULL THROTTLE PULL THE SKIS AND FULL BOSST WITH OUT HITTING REV LIMITER. SHOULD I BE LOOKING INTO GEARING AS WELL? RIGHT NOW JUST NEED A GOOD DIRECTION TO GO TO MAKE IT FUN TO RIDE!!!! ALSO NOTICED THAT MY TRACK ADJUSTERS LOOSENED UP TRACK CAME WAY LOOSE PINED TO ONE SIDE AND ATE UP ONE SIDE OF HYFAX BENT ADJUSTERS NEED TO LOOK FURTHER TO SEE IF ANY OTHER DAMAGE HAS OCCURED.

Sounds like a sweet sled. The MTX yamaha turbo kit was meant for above 6000'. For low elevation, you definitely need clutch adjustments(more weight) which should bring your rpms inline and keep you off the rev limiter. Your GEMS needs adjustment as well for low elevation fueling. You may want to get with MPI to get the right settings.

I would talk to Allen,he knows a lot about MPI kits. I sent my clutches to Allen for the clutch kit and machining. I put them on and now it pulls hard.

I PURCHASED A 2015 VIPER MTX SE BLUE/WHITE WITH MPI 190 KIT DURING THE SPRNG POWER SURGE. THE DEALER THAT I BOUGHT IT FROM GOT THE TURBO LATE AND ONLY HAD A WEEK TO GET TO THE SLED AS I MOVED 1100 MILES AWAY FROM THAT DEALER. ENDED UP GOING TO THE UP OF MICHIGAN THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS AND PUT 550 MILES ON THE SLED. THE SLED WAS GREAT ONE OF THE BEST IVE RIDEN JUST HAVE A FEW ISSUES. I COULD NOT GRAB A HANDFUL OF THROTTLE WITH OUT HITTING REV LIMITER RIGHT AWAY AND BACK FIRING. BEFOR MY BOOST GAUGE QUIT WORKING I NEVER SEEN ABOVE 4 LBS. MY UNDERSTANDING THE 190 KIT SHOULD BE 6 LBS? ANYONE HAVE ISSES WITH THE AEM BOOST GAUGES AS WELL? NOW MY AIR FUEL RATIO IS REALLY RICH MOST OF THE TIME AROUND 10.0. GOT TO MESS WITH THE GEMS CONTROLLER ANYONE HAVE SOME INSIGHT ON THEM? I ORDERED 2 CLUCH KITS FROM ULMER RACING ONE FOR SEA LEVEL RIDING AND ONE FOR 8000 FEET ON UP. JUST NOW GOT THEM AFTER THE RIDE. WILL THE SEA LEVEL JUST CLUTCHING HELP ME OUT A LOT? TOP SPEED WHEN ROLLING INTO IT IS 70 MPH @ 9000RPM STOCK. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO GO FULL THROTTLE PULL THE SKIS AND FULL BOSST WITH OUT HITTING REV LIMITER. SHOULD I BE LOOKING INTO GEARING AS WELL? RIGHT NOW JUST NEED A GOOD DIRECTION TO GO TO MAKE IT FUN TO RIDE!!!! ALSO NOTICED THAT MY TRACK ADJUSTERS LOOSENED UP TRACK CAME WAY LOOSE PINED TO ONE SIDE AND ATE UP ONE SIDE OF HYFAX BENT ADJUSTERS NEED TO LOOK FURTHER TO SEE IF ANY OTHER DAMAGE HAS OCCURED.

im having the same problem to but i have a trail turbo and its set to 5psi but if it hit rev limiter its ok a clutch kit will fix that mines also backfireing and at 9000rpms

im having the same problem to but i have a trail turbo and its set to 5psi but if it hit rev limiter its ok a clutch kit will fix that mines also backfireing and at 9000rpms

You guys sure its not the rev limiter you hear as a backfire? It sounds a lot alike. Stop and before shutting off engine hold the top button down on the side you have the tach displayed. This will give you the real top RPM. You need to do this as the tach will read slow, I have seen 8800 on a quick pull and hit the limiter, when reading the recall it said 9233.

You guys sure its not the rev limiter you hear as a backfire? It sounds a lot alike. Stop and before shutting off engine hold the top button down on the side you have the tach displayed. This will give you the real top RPM. You need to do this as the tach will read slow, I have seen 8800 on a quick pull and hit the limiter, when reading the recall it said 9233.
No it only happens when you let off the throttle

Your sled needs clutching!!! Just like I told you in a PM. When you hit the rev limiter it cuts ignition but still is dumping fuel. So all that un-burnt fuel collects in the muffler and gets hot enough to combust. That's were the back fire is coming from.

Your sled needs clutching!!! Just like I told you in a PM. When you hit the rev limiter it cuts ignition but still is dumping fuel. So all that un-burnt fuel collects in the muffler and gets hot enough to combust. That's were the back fire is coming from.
I'm buying a clutch kit from you guys this week

Hey Matt, I only see a trail clutch kit on your web site. Do you have a clutch kit for 8,000ft and up? My dealer can't get the clutching dialed in so I want to go with a kit.

Back