• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 Viper XTX

Joshua

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Yamaha Sidewinder BTX LE 50TH
My 15 viper XTX SE Just came in and I have noticed that it has the mountain seat on it. It also has the fox float 3 in the rear, on the Canadian yamaha site it states it comes is fox float 2. Has anybody recivied there 15 XTX yet? Just wondering if yamaha changed something or did somebody screw up.

Hey where in NL are you? I have the same sled after a spring order here in St. John's, very curious as to how you make out with this. Ill do some digging early next week and ask the dealer and see what they are saying. Cheers

I spring ordered mind in gander. The dealership just finished installing my hurricane turbo kit. I don't mind the seat but I'm going to have to make sure that the ski stance is the correct wide. And the fox float 3 is better then the fox float 2, so that is a good thing.

for sure. be interesting if that was an off season change. the track i assume is correct? lastly, what color and hows it look?!?!? :jump::sled1:

I think Yamaha shot themselves in the foot on the different models with different shocks. Half the delivered sleds so far have the wrong shocks on them. Those that were supposed to get Fox float3 Evol RC2's got float2 RC's

just plucked this off the xtx features on yamaha canada:

Performance-tuned Fox FLOAT3 front shock package
The SR Viper XTX SE's performance-tuned Fox® FLOAT® 3 shocks use an air spring designed to force the piston to rebound. This eliminates the need for heavier steel coil springs. The air springs are individually tunable by using a pocket-sized air pump, which comes with the sled, so consumers will be able to set the front suspension up to their liking.

however...

Tall, sculpted seat
The seat foam on the SR Viper XTX SE is anatomically designed to comfortably put the rider in an aggressive posture with easy transitions from seated to standing to leaning into a corner.

so be interesting to see about your seat

They can make anything sound sexy...... The hemoroids are anatomically designed to fit seamlessly between the frozen cheecks.......

for sure. be interesting if that was an off season change. the track i assume is correct? lastly, what color and hows it look?!?!? :jump::sled1:
I changed my track from 1.6" to 2.25". My is blue and white, but I mostly seen the sled with the panels off. The by's are still installing the turbo. But from what I seen it's a good looking sled.

great to hear, i went blue and white as well buck keeping it stock outside of some accessories (rack, belly pan, etc)

anyhow, ill keep you posted on the seat situation on this end, but im not expecting delivery until november.

Well one thing I know for sure is the mapping is different between the 14 to 15 models. That's a good thing

I guessing yamaha changed the mapping due to the cold and hot start issues there were having last year.

Kinda figured that.
Was some chat on here about changes to the mapping for an increase in performance.

Good that they have the starting issues straightened out....or at least we hope.

the Yamaha map changes on the 15's and the soon to be released factory flashes for the 14's are to address hot/cold starting..... so were told anyway...... The only people Flashing the vipers for performance purposes are the guys @ Evolution Powersports. To my knowledge, no performance is gained from the factory flash and remap of the 14/15
Therefore, performance on a stock viper should be on a level playing field when comparing stock mapping on the 14 to updated mapping of the 15's...... just to clear things up a bit

Back