• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 xtx set-up help

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 nytro xtx
Hey guys I just traded my nytro xtx for a left over 15 viper xtx this past weekend. I only was able to put 80 miles on it so far. I didnt even have time to play with the shock psi yet and dont know where theyre at. I will be trying to get things sorted out as im going ridint this weekend.

I was ridding mostly trails and it was like an empty dump truck on 1-2' stutter bumps. I love the sled so far as its very stable and cornners good even with the crap 2" carbide.

Im sure this has been discused so sorry if a re post. What would be a good starting point for all the shocks and straps? Im only 180-185 with gear. I was told theyre set-up stiff from factory? I ride pretty aggressive trail 75% and 25% off so i guess id want to be set-up for mostly trail and sacarfice a little for when im off.

also what carbide combination for the stock tuners?

Thanks for any input.

what model xtx do you have? I have the LE and run about 70lbs in the front with 120 in the evols and in my skid I run 150/ 200 in both shocks. Seems pretty smooth to me but I am still fine tuning.

Stock location for the straps , stock on the center little over half ... Lots of guys attempt turning it all the way down all here
XTX Best Suspension setting in FAQ section

I'm also at 65 in the front and 125 in the rear. 14 threads showing in the front skid shock. Straps tightened one hole down from factory. I run a 4" and 6" shaper bars on the tuners. I'm about 225 dressed. This is the best I've found so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm also at 65 in the front and 125 in the rear. 14 threads showing in the front skid shock. Straps tightened one hole down from factory. I run a 4" and 6" shaper bars on the tuners. I'm about 225 dressed. This is the best I've found so far.

Thanks. Are you running the 6" on the insides?

Yeah. 6" on the inside. 4" on the outside.

Back