• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 MPI 180 Clutching Advice and Top end

98Slim

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Its a secret
I have 2016 LTX with MPI 180 kit. I have D&D can and Air intake outside.

I have stock helix at 70 degrees with Pink Spring. Magnaforce weights loaded 2-0-1-1 (2 is tip). I also run the BoP Soft Spring.

After 80 miles Dec 20th on Tug Hill clutches look good. When nailing throttle or even WOT from 20 / 30 mph it will hit limiter at will. WOT pull was 8900.

Sled is studded with Trigger (doubles).

Hard pack trail conditions 103 than climb to 109 doenst feel like its got much more. Going to pull limiter in one hole to see if that will get me a few more mph....thoughts.

Would 80 degree help maybe keep it off limiter?
Change location of magnets?
Different Helix?

Thanks.

Heel weight will help with launching rpm and tip weight is for top end rpm. The magnets are very easy to Instal and uninstall. I haven’t played much with the wrapping of helix to tell you anything there. I would add 2 magnets to heel and 1 in next hole from heel see what it does and try it again.

Im not a clutching expert and installed a mpi 190 turbo on a 15 viper ltx not too long ago, everything your describing is what mine is doing also, i do believe 109 is pretty close what she has with stock 24/50 gears, ive seen 118 on speedo on a 3" snow covered gravel road, but my clutches are machined for overdrive.

Back