• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 venture, what to look out for

viperaddict

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2003 viper w/monoshock and simmons skis
2011 apex SE
I have a friend looking at one, 5k miles and appears to be in nice shape. He was told there is a check engine light for the oil sensor, anyone heard of that? And how do these handle for 1 up trail riding? He likes to ride groomed trails quickly but is really needing space for family rides as well. Looking for any and all opinions. Thanks guys!

tell him to check if it says oil-0000 or some other #. if it does, then the oil light was not reset at the last oil change. got myself a few times with that.

i rode my bothers 2013 a bunch before he sold it due to other commitments. they do ride pretty well when set correctly and are pretty snappy with aftermarket clutching. for his we clutched it, swapped in a stock apex xtx riser (+1.5") and swapped the skis out.

stock clutching is pretty mushy feeling and had no snap when you would wack the throttle. did not change top speed on it (90 mph) but made it much more fun corner to corner in the twistys and the powder.

swapped skis because it would not bite in local conditions with suspension set properly. if he is an agressive rider, i reccomend the 09 apex mtx skis or something similar with the ski shim mod from tec pages. these bite and turn hard when riding so rider has to be aware that it will lift the inside ski faster due to the fact that these sleds are more top heavy even solo vs a 1 up sled. if more relaxed riding style, i reccomend the curve xs ski with the shim. they push more in soft conditions than the mtx ski but make the top heavy balance much less evident and are better than the stock skis.

Back