• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 viper Code 0652, 1689, 1692.

rdev

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 SR viper RTX SE
my viper wont start, fuel pump still works as i tested it direct from 12 v supply. but no power going it. fuses and relays are all good. flashing code 0652, 1689 and 1692. turns over, and other electrical all seems to work fine. Brand new battery.

before new battery I had tried to boost it from a larger charger that we use for cold tractors. wondering if I fried the ecu.

Here is your code symptoms;

0562 (no 0652) System voltage low

1689 Reverse relay low

1692 Forward relay low

Oh yes good catch it is 0562

I had multiple codes once on my 16 and it turned out to be the ICC fuse. Check that again.

checked again, fuse and relays are all fine. fuel pump runs when i jump connect from relay panel between 87 and 30. The issue is the ECU is not sending message to connect ground between 85 and 86 on the relay. So now I am really suspecting an ECU issue.

anyone ever found a good service manual online for the 2016 vipers?

VIP members here can get free downloads of repair manuals. Hint... VIP membership is a great value, and helps keep this invaluable resource alive.

anyone know if you buy a new ECU if you need to take it to dealer to get the ECU programmed or is it plug and play?

You're changing out the ECU? Why not fix the low voltage problem?

not finding any low voltage issues with any of the forward or reverse relay circuits and everything is grounded correctly. but i am only guessing i fried the ECU when I tried to boost the sled from a big charger/booster we have for the tractors.

not finding any low voltage issues with any of the forward or reverse relay circuits and everything is grounded correctly. but i am only guessing i fried the ECU when I tried to boost the sled from a big charger/booster we have for the tractors.
Possibly you may have. I'd just hate to see you buy one and it not be the problem.

can anyone with a running viper let me know if the headlights turn on while starting or not until engine is running?

that happened to me turns out the wires in the tank rubbed thru each other and shorted.I would pull the pump and double check.I had 6 or 7 codes very similar to yours?my 2 cents

well, it may be something like that where there is a short, but it likely not the fuel pump. pump is not getting ground to pin 85 on the relay panely from the ECU to the fuel pump, so the pump doesn't even have power. When I cross connect pin port 85 and 30 directly at the panel, the pump runs fine (also when I connect pump direclty to 12 v power). Nothing is getting ground signal from the ECU on pin 85 (not headlight (which is why I asked about headlight above), ISC, shifts....etc). Only thing that works from the relay / fuse panel is the taillight which has no relationship to the ECU. which makes me think it is the ECU. So i did order a new ECU from Partzilla should get here next week. I called a couple of dealers and they said the part is plug and play but they can't get the part as it is back ordered from Yamaha (also from Artic Cat dealer if you try to order it from them under the Artic Cat part number (it is actually an Artic Cat labelled part)). They also said original ECU is discontinued and the back ordered one is over 1000$. Partzilla claims they have the original ECU for $400 (US dollars, I am in Calgary), so I ordered it last week. sled has less than 150 hours on it and otherwise is mint and ran fine year before I tried to boost it with tractor sized booster, so I can't see it having enough hours to have rub wiring issues unless there is a model wide issue. I am sure with my luck it won't be the ECU, but I am lost as all else seems fine ... no mouse chewed wires.... but I really appreciate the ideas and feedback for you all. if any of you are knowlegeable on the ecu and relay panel electronics let me know, I have been testing stuff like crazy and have a few questions....

can anyone with a running viper let me know if the headlights turn on while starting or not until engine is running?
The headlight only comes on after the engine starts I believe.
Do you have a wiring diagram?

Back