• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 XTX Driveshaft Bearing

Lineman735

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Viper XTX LE
2010 Nytro XTX
I was doing some maintenance on my 16 XTX LE, I took apart my driveshaft caliper/bearing and it looks impossible to repack the bearing since it's so thin. From the videos I watched on doing this, I have a totally different bearing. Was this something new they put on the 16's? When I first took it off, I thought the bearing was completely blown out but once I cleaned it up, it looks like a thin bearing pressed in there. It looks like I would have to split the caliper in order to do it.

I have a 16ltx and had no problem repacking the bearing. I think I just had to remove the c-clip for better access to the seal. But that was last fall .

You either have to split the caliper, or pull the caliper and rotor off the drive shaft. I split mine because I couldn't get the bearing and caliper to move on the shaft. It's easy to do, you'll just have to to bleed the brake after. Do a search and you should be able to find the info.

Back