• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2017 BTX Skid shocks

stomper

TY 4 Stroke Master
Are there other options for the 2017 BTX skid shocks than the stock fox float 3 evol’s. Something to handle a bit more weight. I’m 280# and have the evil chamber at 280 and the main chamber at 140 and the suspension has way to much sag. I use the sled for ice fishing and When I put a pack in the tunnel rack and pull a sleigh the suspension bottoms out easily. It has 1/8” aluminum tunnel stiffens so im not at all worried about tunnel issues with carrying loads on it and pulling a sleigh.

Last edited:

UPDATE:
I had both of the evol and the main chamber almost maxed out for pressure and I still had sag in my suspension and the sled would bottom out easily. I contacted Shock Tec in Ontario and he gave me some very helpful information on the float 3 evol's. I explained my situation to him and this is what he told me to do. Lift the rear of the sled so the skid is off the ground and remove all of the air out of both the main chamber and the evol chamber of the shocks Then fill the evol chamber first to the desired pressure (for my situation he suggested 200#) and then the main chamber (150#). Completely fixed my issue and the shocks are working fine. He explained that if the shocks were filled improperly at one point (ie: main chamber filled first) the air in each of the chambers work against each other and the shock does not function properly.
I hope this might helps someone with a similar issue because it sure was frustrating for me.

Back