• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2017 centre track shock spring

rosco

Extreme
Sorry if this info is already on here. Search did not turn up an answer.

2017 viper RTX with base shock package. Is the centre track shock spring dual rate and if so what rates?
Would the AC 2704-229 dual rate 160 260 be an upgrade to this model year?

Is the centre track shock spring dual rate and if so what rates?
No
Would the AC 2704-229 dual rate 160 260 be an upgrade to this model year?
Yes, has worked out for some but not for others. What are you trying to accomplish with this spring?

I don't have experience with that spring, hopefully those that do will chime in. I do however have dual rate springs in my Viper and Sidewinder.

What rate is your viper centre track spring?
Can't remember off hand but more to it than just the center shock spring. Everyone in my group is running John Sherrard's set up. This includes correct torsion springs for rider weight, dual rate front shock springs, trac link adjustable limiter strap and dual rate center shock spring. Johns set up calls for getting the center shock out of the way, lowering the front end and sucking up the limiter strap. With this set up we have extremely aggressive handling with light steering, smooth ride and big bump protection. Been there with a stiffer center shock spring, I really don't think it's a cure all, better than stock for sure.

Back