• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 STX-DX 146"

Wont feel long and heavy once he puts a decent set of ski's on it. Have a look at Pilot ski thread.

I rode a SW BTX 153 and could not believe how I did NOT feel the track length was an issue on the trails.

Two of us tried the BTX both were on 141s, were commenting at lunch that day on how the 153 did not feel long pushy in the corners on our prolonged turns of 10+ miles each.
This really changed my mind on length, I thought my Viper at 141 was as good as my old 121>128>136 but heck with the new chassis it wasn't just acceptable it was good !

I don't need a long track but certainly understand why so many trail riders don't mind going 'long'.

This has to be the best sled for trail riding especially with extra fuel and factory storage. How could you go wrong. You cam always negotiate price of sled. Unless I am missing something, this is what I would buy. Just my 2cents.

The more we talk about this sled and you guys reassure my decision the more excited I get. this is only my second sled and I bought the last one the week before xmas (4 years ago) so waiting 9 months or so to ride is going to be brutal. I will be doing some serious reading on the ski topic. thanks for all the advice. Should be a great riding sled especially in the evening when things get rough on the trails, and the extra fuel should make life very basic: there is no way I am going to be the person that runs out of fuel with 14 some odd gallons. :)

I have 4 people I ride with all have 144" or longer vary ing makes and models and they all handle the trails great.. tight or not bumpy or smooth you can't tell the difference.. we were just cruzing one day three of us and had a short track guys go buy us we all said heck no and ran him down and he had all he could do to stay in front of us.. It was really fun following that guy cuz we were all given it everything, he was trying to lose us but we wouldn't let him and when the trail got rough iswhen are are long tracks really shined... hope this helps

So you guys have a full season on the Sidewinder 146. Whats the feedback on them ?

Very interested in this or the 9000 CrossTour...similar sled.

Thanks for any updates !

I have 2,973 miles on my '18 STX-DX 146. I added 6.9 Pilot skis with 8" Woodys in the center and 4" on the outside as recommended by ROCKERDAN, pleased with the result. Fuel mileage is between 13 and 14mpg consistently. The 146 handles the stutter bumps nicely, but my next sled will have a premium shock package.

Attachments

• STX-DX.jpg
    STX-DX.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
1200 miles on my '18 STX DX and I love everything about it. Far superior to the Apex. I love the trunk and extra fuel (especially because the fuel in the rear is drawn down first so that extra rear weight disappears early in the ride). I switched to the Medium windshield (slightly tinted and different shape) to add mirrors so I can keep an eye on my riding party. I have the pilots downstairs waiting to be installed and I have Travis' MPS kit waiting to go on. So far I have enjoyed the riding so far even with stock skis. At some point I might upgrade shocks but this thing rides much better than my Apex. No regrets whatsoever. When I strip some of the emblems off and it no longer says turbo I will enjoy the fact that people won't realize it is a sleeper missile.

At least initially, the Cat 19 lineup doesnt include the Crosstour on its big reveal or website for 19.

Interested to see if Yami follows suit and drops it. Hope not. Seems like a good fit for my riding style.

Actually looks like Cat dropped the equivilant to this...the Crosstour...and the other one I was considering the Crosstek as well.

Yikes.

I have an 2017 LTX LE and will investigate buying the DX extended gas tank and storage and cut/weld the plastic storage compartment to make it fit the LTX. I like the clean look and that it drains fuel before the seat tank.

I have 2,973 miles on my '18 STX-DX 146. I added 6.9 Pilot skis with 8" Woodys in the center and 4" on the outside as recommended by ROCKERDAN, pleased with the result. Fuel mileage is between 13 and 14mpg consistently. The 146 handles the stutter bumps nicely, but my next sled will have a premium shock package.
Pilots from Doo and woodys from Yam? Got links?

I'm looking at doing something like this to a SRVenture. It's either that or get a Pantera 7000 XT, which is even heavier than the Yamaha DX style, but natively has massive skis.

Back