• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I better brush up on my Yamaha history. Thanks for correcting me.
Regardless, I still think they will learn what they can from Cat vs buying them.

I completely agree. I think one thing they could learn is how to get closer to that magic line between sturdy enough and overbuilt.

Could we just stop this little fantasy, it is going on 6 years....Buy a Ski-Doo
I understand the frustration BUT you don’t need to keep reading the posts and so why the insulting tone and final comment?

This is TY, these people, myself included, are passionate about snowmobiling and Yamaha, want things to be their perception of the best. I agree at times enough already but I just move on.
Most would agree others -SkiDoo- included can and do build a good sled.

Just don’t need to stir the pot with insults is my point.

IMHO there will be new 2020 release yammie has told dealers that only spring order sleds will be built. I don't know where all this excess inventory is but its not in New England by early Dec you couldn't find a 129" Viper out here all sold out . I think 2019 is the last year they are going to be in the sled business. they are winding down and pulling the plug . Textron will sell or dissolve Cat within 2-3 years leaving only the other two. its all about building shareholder value .Textron can build SHV for the wall street crowd and the investor bankers they will , its the American way, As CEO lay off half your work force and you get huge bonus

IMHO there will be new 2020 release yammie has told dealers that only spring order sleds will be built. I don't know where all this excess inventory is but its not in New England by early Dec you couldn't find a 129" Viper out here all sold out . I think 2019 is the last year they are going to be in the sled business. they are winding down and pulling the plug . Textron will sell or dissolve Cat within 2-3 years leaving only the other two. its all about building shareholder value .Textron can build SHV for the wall street crowd and the investor bankers they will , its the American way, As CEO lay off half your work force and you get huge bonus

It's always fun to speculate and I respect your opinion.

This site has a lot of Yamaha optimists on board that really think that 2020 will see a new all Yamaha sled and all I'm going to add to your comment is this quote from the "Dude"......

Dude.jpg

I was told the other day by my dealer that he was at a big meeting with the Yamaha reps and Yamaha is not going anywhere, once the leftovers get bought up the reps are saying something all new from Yamaha spring 2021, focusing on spring orders and cleaning up the leftover inventory, this dealership is a 5 star and Yamaha is sending him on some big conference down south, he figures he will here more at the conference.

I was told the other day by my dealer that he was at a big meeting with the Yamaha reps and Yamaha is not going anywhere, once the leftovers get bought up the reps are saying something all new from Yamaha spring 2021, focusing on spring orders and cleaning up the leftover inventory, this dealership is a 5 star and Yamaha is sending him on some big conference down south, he figures he will here more at the conference.

When I was at the show in Barrie Ontario, I was talking with a dealer that said the yam/cat relationship will continue...beyond that, idk. Yam isn’t goin anywhere...can’t wait to say “I told you so” to all the naysayers on this site!

I hope you guys are correct, if 2021 then that means nothing major for 2020 so that's like what 12 years without a new sled from Yamaha ? if your not counting the Yamacat. I'm just old enough to remember the early 80's when lots of cool prototypes where being built at Kawasaki, Cat, an Scorpion with lots of optimism being thrown about and then poof , all of them gone in 82 and Deere in 84. only thing different now is economy is much better

where are the leftovers???? not in new England other than a few Sidewinders.

When I was at the show in Barrie Ontario, I was talking with a dealer that said the yam/cat relationship will continue...beyond that, idk. Yam isn’t goin anywhere...can’t wait to say “I told you so” to all the naysayers on this site!
I know its hard to keep the faith with all that's happened in the last few years with Yamaha, but I try to stay positive .

where are the leftovers???? not in new England other than a few Sidewinders.
Your probably going to see dealer to dealer exchange happening to suit buyer's, where its slow in one area and sold out in another, till the inventory is bought up, there is probably going to be a shared list among the dealers of what's left out there and what they can get their hands on.

So glad I bought my left over XTX days before Yamaha released the news.. Went 1300 miles one way to pick it up.. worth every mile.
I bet lot's of dealer have them and don't put them online to see. I found many vector 1.75 XTX. in New England.. but wanted the 1.25 lug..
If you check online trader there are many left overs across the country..including and especially 2018's..

Breaking news!!! Lexus is not tops in units sold!!
But they don't care. Let the camry fight for that, and Lexus can keep building what they and the relatively few happy customers want. Just like Yammy! The turbo 3 is awesome, in whatever chassis they decide to use.

Watch this. Tells me Yamaha is here for a while.

Yep, last 30 seconds he says "we are going to be selling Yamaha snowmobiles for a long time". I also posted several times a new made by Yamaha sled of some sort is already built, my friend on the inside has seen it, touched it, rode it......What category it fits in I do not know.

Whether it's all made in Japan or assembled here...not sure. As far as I know the Cat/Textron relationship is solid until we hear different. I would assume the Textron relationship is long term for Yamaha to let them use the 998 engine in the Wildcat XX side by side...?

The first two things I mentioned are are facts though, not opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back