• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
AC does not need to introduce any additional sleds than what they have already released for 2020. They have 200, 565f, 600, 800, 998T, engines in youth, trail, crossover, and mountain. People say AC dealers have all kind of leftover sleds at deep discounts and they have stated they are trying to reduce this leftover inventory so why would they add another engine from Yamaha when the got all the bases covered?

Yamaha has made many of the best snowmobile engines in the history snowmobiling. It is a shame to see them put out to pasture due to insurance rates and lack of a good chassis to put them in. I hope they can get this ship turned around and maybe the 998T engine was the beginning, but Yamaha has always been very very slow to bring thing to market. One more week.

It's a shame the torqiest, dead nuts reliable, with good fuel mileage engine is going away.

If Yamaha is going the route of the 998 3 cyl N/A, they better have bumped it up in power to the range of the 1049 compared to what it is in the UTV. Nobody wants to go backwards in power.

The 1049 was really dead with the Nytro. The engine was never the same when it was put in the Viper.

I think you forgot about the Vector. The 1049 kicks #*$&@ in the DB II chassis.

And yes, it got butchered in the Viper. It couldn't breathe right in that chassis.

Last edited:
I think you forgot about the Vector.

And yes, it got butchered in the Viper. It couldn't breathe right in that chassis.
Breathes very well with a turbo.
:sled2:

Again, a 998 na triple is a punt and a bad one at that. They gotta show us they've been working on something, anything! If we're stuck with the Pro-Cross for a few more runs then they could at least shoe-horn the 998 Apex drive unit in it. They had at least 5 years to visit the local fire department and borrow the "Jaws of Life" and jam that thing in there.

Theories:
1. Yamaha 'surprises' us once again with BNG and minor enhancements.

2. Yamaha officially retires the 1049 and releases a 998 NA to take it's place.
- Arctic Cat announces additional sleds with the same motor.

3. Yamaha dives back into the 2s game head first and unleashes an 880 motor.
- Arctic Cat announces additional sleds with the same motor.

4. Yamaha releases a Sidewinder with the Alpha One skid and dubs it the "Mountain Max".

If I were to rank these theories based on odds, I'd say '4-1-2' with '3' being an absolute pipe dream. It's sad, I love Yamaha so much, but after riding a 600Etec Summit out west, I think it may be time to jump ship soon

You should hear the general sled boards on Facebook. They finally heard (as most cannot read) about the deal struck by AC to build ATV's for Cabelas/Bass Pro. So what do those illiterate knuckleheads run with, Bass Pro/Cabelas is buying the AC ATV line, that's why Textron changed the name back to AC to sell it off. And Yamaha is buying AC's assembly plant for 100M.

Oh my, such a rumor.

Rumor mill on Hardcore Sledder is going Ape Crap right now. As it was announced recently, Roger Skime, Kirk Hibbert and Joey Halstrom were let go.

If you don't know who these three are, google it and respect what they brought to AC and snowmobile technology. Then understand that they were all pretty close to retirement if not past anyway. Kirk was probably on for an additional year just to keep the racing division going, since is true passion probably went away with Tucker.

They all had full respectful careers. So I am not going to read into it. But it does raise eyebrows on what is going to happen in the near future.

You should hear the general sled boards on Facebook. They finally heard (as most cannot read) about the deal struck by AC to build ATV's for Cabelas/Bass Pro. So what do those illiterate knuckleheads run with, Bass Pro/Cabelas is buying the AC ATV line, that's why Textron changed the name back to AC to sell it off. And Yamaha is buying AC's assembly plant for 100M.

Oh my, such a rumor.
Didn't Bass Pro already sell Textron ATV's? Of course anything can happen??????

I do believe so, but they wanted to have AC/Textron build a co-branded ATV now. Just like they do with boats. It's very common. Just like Polaris makes John Deere and Bobcat's UTV line. It's all about brand loyalty, and they have customers that want the brand on it.

For a similar reason why both Chevrolet and GMC are still made. It's funny to look back at some of these truly old mergers and acquisitions to see how many of them lasted so many years.

Will we hit 150 pages before the reveal......

Will we hit 150 pages before the reveal......
Probably as long as people don't keep starting new 2020 threads. It is kind of funny that we're so competitive we have to the fastest sled, the deepest snow, and the longest thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back