• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really i can't believe some of you guys on this forum I'm pretty sure there was numerous people that tried to tell you all not to expect anything more than BNG. I don't know what you expect from Yamaha i doubt that they are going to stop making snowmobiles. So if you don't like the direction they are heading keep driving your Apexs and Vectors or maybe some still have a old 2 strokes. Or maybe you could go by a cheap disposable 600 Ski Doo but please quit complaining and give it a rest getting very old. No matter what some of you think there are a lot of happy Yamaha owners out there.

I rarely chime in but I have to say disappointing as usual. I’ve owned more Yamaha snowmobiles than I can count, not to mention Yamaha motorcycles, quads and I have a Yamaha jet boat. I bleed blue and always bragged that Yamaha tech and dependability outshined anything else in the industry but I can’t continue supporting a company that won’t support its customers. Won’t give it’s customers what they want. I am do for a new sled. Not because my Apex XTX isn’t an incredible machine. It still is. I take a 5 night trip each year to Quebec and ride between 1000-1500 miles with my friends. For the past few years I’ve started to realize a few things. As I get older I don’t want to have to crawl under my sled at night and in the morning to chip away ice. Two friends with Ski-Doos turn their sleds off walk into the hotel and the next morning start their sleds and ride away never looking in their tunnels. And for my biggest gripe. I have saddlebags that get soaked during my rides. I’m trying to unbuckle the bags that are coated in ice. They unhook their Linq bags and go inside. When I get inside my saddlebags sit on towels to melt off. Their bags, not a drop of snow or ice on them. Unreal that no one can match BRP when it comes to accessories. Accessories that they make for everything and sell. That has got to be a HUGE market they are cleaning up on. So much so they took “Ski Doo” off the bags because they know people with other brands are willing to buy their accessories. Now their stuff just says “Linq”. Genuous. My saddlebags listed for about $300. Theirs for half that price. And I’m on my second set because the originals ripped. So disappointed.
I’ll step down off the soapbox with Why buy a 2020 SRX that has a list of $17,999 when You can buy a Thundercat for $14,495 that is the exact machine with better clutches? Will a Yamaha dealer cut their prices by $3,500 to meet Arctic Cats pricing? I get yamaha has a total of 5 yr warranty Arctic cat does not have. And $500 in accessory credit. But I’d take the savings. So my choice going forward is a hard one. Order a Ski Doo, spring order an Arctic Cat or buy a 2019 Cat ZR9000 limited IAct (not a fan of green and purple) or a 2019 Thundercat (rather have 1.25” track) at a dealer blowing them out for a ridiculous price. Such a disappointment Yamaha.

It's easy to complain and it's contagious. Once one person starts everybody else just piles on. However as someone who has worked in an around the auto industry for a long time it takes a lot of planning and effort just to put together a product line every year. Even what some people are claiming as nothing changes take a lot of engineering and testing. It's obvious from watching the videos that a lot of effort went into changing the suspension geometry, spindles and shock positions. Even the Viper air intake took some effort to pull off and it does show they listen and react to us at least a little bit. I'm sure there are a lot of other little things that we can't even see looking at a few videos and pictures. I think we are lucky as sledders to have so many cool sleds to choose from all of the manufacturers. Go ride. most of the people I see every weekend don't even know we are out here. I saw a lot of old iron out last weekend and people were just happy to have snow and be out with friends and family. At least Yamaha is still in the sled business even though we are still married to Arctic Cat. Learn to like it or get a divorce. :)

Cheers

This release sucks. No mid-sized sled, no next level kids sled (where is the next gen SnoSport?) Youth colors are yuk. Only 1 mountain sled (so much for making any headway in that market). No 1-up trail sled with power steering. My favorite engine of all time, the APEX...still MIA. All the same BNG S#!%. The SRX should be Back and Gold. The S-TX GT 2-up should be loaded with everything...(No mirrors, doesn't have the electric shock package, no saddle bags, smaller fuel tank (only 11 gal...got to be a misprint)...how about adjustable steering, adjustable windshield, Tail bag, also (as someone else said) there should be more more color options for a $18,000 sled...I can go on and on. Way too much Cat DNA in this line. Oh, but we got a smoking 2 stroke! Oh yeah, that's Cat too...all of it. Blah...doesn't Rev my Heart.

Guys and Gals...I doubt there is anything else coming. We were all bummed for the 2019 release and the 2018 release (the 50th) was really bad. A little excited for the 2017 with the sidewinder, but I would have to go back to 2014 with the viper and for sure to 2011 with the revised APEX. It is clear they are not listening to us and they clearly don't know what the hell we really want. Did I say this sucks?

All the engineering changes were done by AC...The problem with the Arctic Cat, Yamaha "marriage" is Yamaha is not really a partner, and never has been going all the way back to the Viper motor fiasco.

This release sucks. No mid-sized sled, no next level kids sled (where is the next gen SnoSport?) Youth colors are yuk. Only 1 mountain sled (so much for making any headway in that market). No 1-up trail sled with power steering. My favorite engine of all time, the APEX...still MIA. All the same BNG S#!%. The SRX should be Back and Gold. The S-TX GT 2-up should be loaded with everything...(No mirrors, doesn't have the electric shock package, no saddle bags, smaller fuel tank (only 11 gal...got to be a misprint)...how about adjustable steering, adjustable windshield, Tail bag, also (as someone else said) there should be more more color options for a $18,000 sled...I can go on and on. Way too much Cat DNA in this line. Oh, but we got a smoking 2 stroke! Oh yeah, that's Cat too...all of it. Blah...doesn't Rev my Heart.

Guys and Gals...I doubt there is anything else coming. We were all bummed for the 2019 release and the 2018 release (the 50th) was really bad. A little excited for the 2017 with the sidewinder, but I would have to go back to 2014 with the viper and for sure to 2011 with the revised APEX. It is clear they are not listening to us and they clearly don't know what the hell we really want. Did I say this sucks?
I don’t think Yamaha cares what we want they simply produce what they can thru TRF throw blue stickers on it call it 2020 product line. It appears to be over no eps on the procross it’s obvious eps is not going to happen. If you like the SW and Viper game on for another year. If you want a new Apex platform with eps you maybe done waiting. I know I am and my buds as well we are all considering Ski doo 900 Turbos mainly the Enduro because it has all the goodies included 137 ice ripper track, adjustable riser, heated seat , drive by wire, air ride, 360 rotational throttle, 150 4s ponies, weighs 555 lbs, adjustable carbide skis that work push button reverse comes black/red or all black. What’s not to like all the features we asked Yamaha to develop? I’m done waiting Yamaha is stuck in place with the procross and assembly in TRF and has had 5 years to get back on track in Japan after the earthquake. It’s obvious Yamaha is going the route of the cash cow in TRF and won’t develop any new snow machines on their own. It’s all over but the crying for me nothing for me in the foreseeable future.

All the engineering changes were done by AC...The problem with the Arctic Cat, Yamaha "marriage" is Yamaha is not really a partner, and never has been going all the way back to the Viper motor fiasco.
Yep. What is the point? They should just bag it. Hard to believe they can build an R1 and not a new sled. And the prices of these Cats... Absurd.

What you see in the picture Yamaha posted is what you’re getting for 2020. Sidewinder xtx that will borrow front and rear suspension from the riot, Cat 600 in the transporter sled, viper will still be around in limited models, SRX will sport colours that will remind us of the curse of the 81 SRX.

And what colour is the SRX??? All black like the 81.. hopefully this one is not a failure.

Anyone else notice Chris Reid in the one video? Noticed he is a “consultant” now, a shame as he was probably the last diehard sled guy at Yamaha. I miss the blog he did as well.

I would love to say I’m disappointed but I’m not at all because this is what I fully expected. But from what I’ve heard, the people on the inside have spoken their displeasure about the line up. The agreement isn’t going in a direction that benefits both companies and the line up from both partners shows this. It’s looking like another inventory cleaning year. In my opinion, the issue may be that new blood and lack of experience is what is driving them into the ground. Maybe that’s why Chris is back as a consultant? It seems lots of companies these days have their past retired employees come back as consultants.. we all know why. What Yamaha needs is some diehard, passionate sledders in their development team.. maybe even as consultants. Polaris has Levi LaVallee, Chris Burandt and a ton of other people that are not only brand ambassadors but they help market and develop these products that they use for a living. Yamaha needs someone like this. Chris used to be that guy we all loved.

Well you can disagree all you want, but having the majority of Cats all 2 Stroke (with the exception of one) and the Yamahas all 4 Stroke (with the exception of the Tranporter 600 or VK540) makes more sense then having a Cat and Yamaha 4 Stroke with just different plastic, graphics and clutches. At least if you want a Yamaha 4 Stroke even you pretty much have to go with Yamaha. Cat didn't even make any touring sleds this year or anything 7000 series. That Transporter might be a Cat 600, but only Yamaha offers it. If you want a mountain sled with a 162" and the 998 Turbo you have to buy a Yamaha.

It seems to me they are merging the line-up and trying to create a reason to buy a Yamaha (the 4 Stroke) or a Cat (2 Stroke). If Yamaha was to purchase ACs snowmobile division that's exactly how they would market this stuff. I know this doesn't make the people that want a new Apex happy and they really need a new "Phazer" but this arrangement makes more sense from a marketing standpoint. There's actually more of a reason to pick a Yamaha now if you want the engine. I think that new Sidewinder 146" Crossover might be a really nice sled. The reviews seemed to really like the Riot. Throw a Sidewinder engine in there and you've got a really nice 50-50 sled.

Wow, lots of disappointment. This is kind of concerning!

Well there is stuff in the pipeline and that is obvious due to patent filings..everyone calm down!!!!

If we had a shred of brand ambassador vision available, the disappointment would not be so thick.

After looking at the line-up for 2020 I think for how and where I ride that Sidewinder XTX 146" SE would be a heck of a nice crossover. I know the general consensus around here is a 10 year old Apex is a way better sled, but that seems like a heck of a nice set up. Oh and AC doesn't offer that model at all unless you want the 2 Stroke. Anyhow I know this site has turned to about 95% hate towards Yamaha, but I think that's a cool new model.

After looking at the line-up for 2020 I think for how and where I ride that Sidewinder XTX 146" SE would be a heck of a nice crossover. I know the general consensus around here is a 10 year Apex is a way better sled, but that seems like a heck of a nice set up. Oh and AC doesn't offer that model at all unless you want the 2 Stroke. Anyhow I know this site has turned to about 95% hate towards Yamaha, but I think that's a cool new model.
I agree

Well there is stuff in the pipeline and that is obvious due to patent filings..everyone calm down!!!!
If that concept helps you sleep at night I hate to inform you that corps file patents to seal off technology from competitors make them pay licensing fee to produce technology. Yamaha has no interest in producing any of the many patents you have seen on TY they just file because they can. Patent lawyers are a dime a dozen on the payroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back