• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Rollover Valve

Anyone with a 2020 experiencing fluttering noise from there roll over vale. My buddies 2020 Tcat notice fluttering noises coming from the rollover valve at ideal when warm.

thanks

Pan
Yes!, I did not investigate to find exactly where the noise was coming from but I hear a noise in that area, sort of a rythmic pulse.

Yes!, I did not investigate to find exactly where the noise was coming from but I hear a noise in that area, sort of a rythmic pulse.
Ya It’s normal looked into it checked it out and it’s the rollover valve pulsating.

I took a few pics but it’s hard to see as it’s tucked under the steering post on the 2020..
Sorry guys I tried..
B6B9AA19-C125-472C-BFCE-220CE5D95A17.jpeg
8B0FF785-45BE-4E81-8B6D-F5866CD1230C.jpeg
5D9ABF2B-B6E3-4A32-A180-7B711BAE349F.jpeg

early this year someone posted a picture of the new rollover valve on the new 2020. The valve looked to be heated. You guys with the 2020’s can you verify this new valve? Maybe take a few photos. Does anybody know if you can retro fit the new valve for the 17-19.

Here are some additional pictures, including one showing the electrical connections to the part.

Hello, would it be ok to remove oil tank hose and hose going to air box and leave the valve itself there with electric wire and sensor plugged in the valve??

Thank you

You left the 2 holes on the valve open unplugged??

Thanks

I also had roll over valve stock on my 2021 Sidewinder. It is leaking oil out the reservoir again. Even with the jumper hose from fill plug on reservoir to fill plug on valve cover. I don't understand why Yamaha doesn't install a glow timer indicator light. Like my diesel truck has. That would make it easier to make sure you don't start right away, but glow and know to start when light turns off. Someone might be able to make a glow timing light kit. I'll buy it.

To give the heat element in the roll over valve time to warm things up before starting.

I also had roll over valve stock on my 2021 Sidewinder. It is leaking oil out the reservoir again. Even with the jumper hose from fill plug on reservoir to fill plug on valve cover. I don't understand why Yamaha doesn't install a glow timer indicator light. Like my diesel truck has. That would make it easier to make sure you don't start right away, but glow and know to start when light turns off. Someone might be able to make a glow timing light kit. I'll buy it.
Again ? Did you already reseal the oil tank ?

Yes I did it was sealed for about 200km a 1 day run. By Haliburton we had a minus 37 night and I started the Sidewinder around 10:30 am when it had warmed up outside to -22 or so. That hose bypass kit is from barnofparts.com I bought that kit past November.

You need to remove the rov and do the bypass like most on here have done, clean the oil tank good with brake clean and use permatex “the right stuff” and it should be good for a long time, My oil tank leaked on my first ride on my 20, it’s been good ever since.

Back