• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 viper have new Ecu mapping

sledder454

Extreme
So with the release of the 2020 vipers they are saying the 1049 got new special ecm calibration and mapping with a boost in power from previous flash’s. Is this a new flash again or is this just the latest flash we got back a few months ago?

received_385034165664956~2.jpeg

If they are saying it's closed loop that means they are using the O2 sensor again. So no it's not the latest flash we just got offered.

If they are saying it's closed loop that means they are using the O2 sensor again. So no it's not the latest flash we just got offered.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's a typo and it's the same map.

I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to the new flash feedback besides some still have issues and some don't. I haven't got it yet. Don't some with the new flash claimed they thought it felt stronger?

"Beginning with -19 Viper production?"

What I understand 2020 have a brand new ecu flash?

20190306_054651png.png

From talking to the same person that gave me the info I posted a month ago regarding the 2020 direction this is what I've gathered. The flash is an entirely new flash that was developed to remedy a couple of the problems that plagued the viper starting and idle issues as well as optimize the new intake configuration. Power wise, about an 8% increase in HP overall. Based on what I was told, in testing up to 70 MPH you could tell a slight difference, mostly a little quicker throttle response. From 70 to she won't give you anymore the difference was more significant as the increase in power allowed for more shift out and the sluggishness from 70 up is greatly reduced. I was also told that the new front end geometry and new 1.25 track plays into mid range, top end, and handling in a very good way. When I asked if I could grab more throttle earlier in a corner, hang my fat arse out over the side, and come out with the RPMs high in the power band with the inside ski lifting just a bit and not have my eyes closed trying not to notice the trees I might hit he just told me, "you'll smile, might have to work on setup, but you'll smile".

From talking to the same person that gave me the info I posted a month ago regarding the 2020 direction this is what I've gathered. The flash is an entirely new flash that was developed to remedy a couple of the problems that plagued the viper starting and idle issues as well as optimize the new intake configuration. Power wise, about an 8% increase in HP overall. Based on what I was told, in testing up to 70 MPH you could tell a slight difference, mostly a little quicker throttle response. From 70 to she won't give you anymore the difference was more significant as the increase in power allowed for more shift out and the sluggishness from 70 up is greatly reduced. I was also told that the new front end geometry and new 1.25 track plays into mid range, top end, and handling in a very good way. When I asked if I could grab more throttle earlier in a corner, hang my fat arse out over the side, and come out with the RPMs high in the power band with the inside ski lifting just a bit and not have my eyes closed trying not to notice the trees I might hit he just told me, "you'll smile, might have to work on setup, but you'll smile".
I'm really skeptical about the 8% claim, but if true, that is a huge gain, and should have it close to 140hp, not the 125hp rating. Most Nytros stock dyno'd 135-138, so I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to be the same, except maybe that the strait-shot exhaust aided the Nytro power.

8% increase in power would be sweet if its true. I m thinking now after looking at the other thread on the new intake design that the new map was made to accommodate for more air the sled gets from the new intake design hence the 8% increase in power. And if that’s the case I can see it not being available for a update as it going to richen our sleds up without having the updated intake track.

8% increase in power would be sweet if its true. I m thinking now after looking at the other thread on the new intake design that the new map was made to accommodate for more air the sled gets from the new intake design hence the 8% increase in power. And if that’s the case I can see it not being available for a update as it going to richen our sleds up without having the updated intake track.

Exactly, I think that was their goal. If shift out is what they claim they also took care of having to add a clutch kit to make it run. I just wish they put a new can on it at the same time. Then I could ride it stock and be happy.

I'm really skeptical about the 8% claim, but if true, that is a huge gain, and should have it close to 140hp, not the 125hp rating. Most Nytros stock dyno'd 135-138, so I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to be the same, except maybe that the strait-shot exhaust aided the Nytro power.

If the intake change is as good as claimed I think the 8% increase isn't a stretch. Intake mod on old Viper was worth 4 or 5 without mapping.

Be very interested if the 2020 viper got a different flash that the most recent flash we just got. I don't understand why they would they would come out with a new flash for older viper and then 2 months later a different flash in the 2020.

Be very interested if the 2020 viper got a different flash that the most recent flash we just got. I don't understand why they would they would come out with a new flash for older viper and then 2 months later a different flash in the 2020.
I would bet its the same.

Back