• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 sidewinder Ltx-se rear suspension top and bottom home difference

mY 20O17 ltx le IS IN THE UPPER HOLE
img.jpg

Now the Bolt is in the UPPER HOLE. No more Lower hole. Hmmmm
They move on the LTX too?

Yes on the pre-ARC's suspension they were upper hole, then they went to lower with the ARC. Now appear to be upper again

wouldn't it seem like a simple explanation by Yamaha as to why they moved it from the top to the bottom , to eliminate all the speculation !
I am thinking to move mine to the bottom hole , not just because one of the holes is egged out , but I just want to be different !!!

i want those red and white hand guards they show on the website for the srx

Yes on the pre-ARC's suspension they were upper hole, then they went to lower with the ARC. Now appear to be upper again
I don't think Yamaha knows. I ordered a 22 LTX-LE and even the pictures on the site show different hole locations...
img.jpg

img.jpg

img.jpg

I think it comes down to what looks OK on the drawing board and their designers, doesn't work in the REAL world. Arctic Cat has them in the upper hole, it's their chasis. Hence all the actual snowmobiling pics have it moved for a better ride and performance. Better cooling.. etc...Otherwise anyone's reasoning is game! Ha!

I don't think Yamaha knows. I ordered a 22 LTX-LE and even the pictures on the site show different hole locations...

I noticed the same thing on their website....different pictures of the same model would show the rear arm mounted in either the top of bottom hole. :dunno:

The sleds are delivered to the dealer with a pre delivery set up guide that instructs them to mount the rear arm in their recommended hole for whatever model that you have according to their testing of that model, so I wouldn't get too bent out of shape even though they make it pretty confusing in the pictures.

Last edited:
Maybe they put them in a different hole just to see what riders &(TY) would do and say about it? Like test mules? And of coarse the real question is "why have two holes in the damn bracket"

I noticed the same thing on their website....different pictures of the same model would show the rear arm mounted in either the top of bottom hole. :dunno:

The sleds are delivered to the dealer with a pre delivery set up guide that instructs them to mount the rear arm in their recommended hole for whatever model that you have according to their testing of that model, so I wouldn't get too bent out of shape even though they make it pretty confusing in the pictures.
I’m going to order a 2022. From what I’ve read, I want the rear arm mounted in the upper hole. Assuming the guide says lower hole, do you think the dealer would mount in the upper at my request prior to set up? I suppose I can ask. But I won’t if it’s a hard no from those of you who are in the know.

I’m going to order a 2022. From what I’ve read, I want the rear arm mounted in the upper hole. Assuming the guide says lower hole, do you think the dealer would mount in the upper at my request prior to set up? I suppose I can ask. But I won’t if it’s a hard no from those of you who are in the know.

I would ask, but if they don't do it, it's a very easy thing to do yourself.

Back