• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022... disappointed!

Attack gt

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX
Long time Yamaha owner here. Currently have a 2017 Winder that I love and will hold on to for a while. Nothing in 2022 lineup makes me want to go out and get another Yamaha. I was really hoping for a 800 - 900 2 stroke trail and or crossover sled like all the other manufacturers have. I guess it is a Polaris Assault for me! Such a shame that Yamaha wont offer this but hey... when they do, maybe I will trade in for it? Until then, I will enjoy my beloved Sidewinder and Polaris, Ski-doo, or Arctic Cat Cross over.... Sigh...

Well, I'm not dissapointed as my 2018 looks just like the 2022!s, except for colors! Unless up on them, if clean, I can say it's brand new!lol

Another long time Yamaha owner disappointed. Still have my 2018 anniversary Sidewinder for my trail sled. Sold my Viper in Dec and bought a Polaris SKS 146". Over 4000km split between the 2 machines. Way too much Cat in these Yamacats. Till some purebred shows up, I am glad I have jumped ship. Now just going to have change my name.

So dissapointed with yamaha! looks like it's a new polaris for me, welcome to the big leagues yamaha ha ha

Disappointed about what anybody with any common sense knew there was nothing new being offered, if you don't like what they offer move on to a manufacturer that does. If you think a couple of guys on this forum leave Yamaha and buy a Polaris it's going to effect them in anyway you got another thing coming because there's Polaris owner's leaving to buy a Yamaha. It's what makes the world go around So anyway you all have admitted to buying a new brand so please no more whining on here.

I know 3 XCR guys that want to get into a 998turbo.
Those Polaris are just falling apart. Shocks, a-arms, bearings, wires breaking-----no thanks.

Another long time Yamaha owner disappointed. Still have my 2018 anniversary Sidewinder for my trail sled. Sold my Viper in Dec and bought a Polaris SKS 146". Over 4000km split between the 2 machines. Way too much Cat in these Yamacats. Till some purebred shows up, I am glad I have jumped ship. Now just going to have change my name.
Feel the same way

I have never ridden a Sidewinder. I’d like to try one. I would like the power steering. I wished it came in a sportier looking package. Something in a 141 maybe? I don’t quite understand why they offer a 146 and a 141? Gonna have to do some research to see what the difference is....

I have never ridden a Sidewinder. I’d like to try one. I would like the power steering. I wished it came in a sportier looking package. Something in a 141 maybe? I don’t quite understand why they offer a 146 and a 141? Gonna have to do some research to see what the difference is....
There is no 141 anymore. 137 and 146

Disappointed about what anybody with any common sense knew there was nothing new being offered, if you don't like what they offer move on to a manufacturer that does. If you think a couple of guys on this forum leave Yamaha and buy a Polaris it's going to effect them in anyway you got another thing coming because there's Polaris owner's leaving to buy a Yamaha. It's what makes the world go around So anyway you all have admitted to buying a new brand so please no more whining on here.

Polaris and Ski-Doo listen to their customers Anne offer what they want. Of course people change brands but many more have left Yamaha for other brands than vice versa. Sales number don’t lie. You are certainly correct that Yamaha couldn’t care less about what their customers are doing.

Not so much they don't care they don't need to be the number one sled manufacturer they will do what they think needs to be done. You should be happy they are still even involved with snowmobiles period. This is a very small part of Yamaha sales they are not like Polaris that needs to sell a whole bunch of snowmobiles and ATV'S to make ends meet. If you think that a few of you come on this site and bitch about their line up is gonna change anything you have been misinformed. Yamaha's line up in up coming year's is all ready set they know what's gonna be released next year and the year after. I just get a big kick out of all the guys on here waiting for some new big release, not gonna happen. It's just like all the clowns that think Polaris released an all new snowmobile last year, it's the same chassis they been useing for 10 years with new plastic give me a break. It's plain and simple you either deal with what they have to offer or move on to something different preferably a new $20.000.00 Ski Doo Mach Z and I hope I run into ya on the lake next season.

For all the peeps wanting an apex - I’ve got a clean 06 with roughly 10000 miles and a pile of mods sitting in the trailer that I’ll trade straight across for another sidewinder that your all so unhappy with. Except for that pos that kinger has. That btx is cursed or something.

SnowTech Magazine is reporting that Yamaha snowmobile sales were up 22% last year compared to 2019, so people are buying them.
Nice,thats interesting and good to see.Its a great lineup and nicest looking sleds on snow imo.I only wish it was a Yamaha two stroke in that Mountain Max and a couple other models.Im sorry I had to be that guy but it would be so nice to have a reliable direct injected two stroke option for everyone.I think Yamaha is the only manufacturer who could deliver this engine.

Back