• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Mach Z

It's a 2021 900 Turbo with a stage one tune with anti-lag. Did any of the tuners or GAP put a patent on that as a first on a snowmobile? Shame on them.

My first thoughts were wondering if one of the tuners were involved with this 900T power boost...two of the tuners businesses are also based in Quebec.

My first thoughts were wondering if one of the tuners were involved with this 900T power boost...two of the tuners businesses are also based in Quebec.
Well, they just need to observe what the tuners are doing. Higher flow exhaust, larger injectors, higher flow intercooler, etc.....

Is it true they detuned the standard 900T. No intercooler?

First of all, i must state that my buds' 190 hp small tune on his 900T beats my other buds' stock Winder. So "180" will probably give it a run.
It doesn't need "mods" or "fixes" to keep it on the trail either.
All 3 of our Winders went down this weekend. We have MORE money in them then the 20K Doo is asking...................................and they still broke!

I guess I must be lucky. I have approximately $17k in my sled with a max 17 tune, belts and oil. I do my own work so I save there but 7,400 miles later. I paid $14,400 in 17.

:rofl:.. sounds like you winder guy's are starting to sweat, you may get knocked of your pedestal.

Hardly. The maxed stage 3 tuned 2020 turbo was finished within 2 seconds. Turbo is still too close to engine. We have a fantastic engine that produces amazing pump gas power. Looking forward to lining up at the lake.

As ugly as it is the ski don’t faithful will buy it. I have seen a lot of them dartwing duck sleds around this year

Yup
Either 900T 130hp no intercooler or 180hp[200++] 900R
No 150hp 900T anymore.
That's a smart move actually. They won't be able to be tuned up very much without intercooler forcing consumers to spend big $$$ on the Mach. I've traded DOO stock before, maybe time to go long again...lol

Dying to know how the launch mode works? It really is ugly though. Ive always found their sleds to be ugly but this is a whole new level.

That's a smart move actually. They won't be able to be tuned up very much without intercooler forcing consumers to spend big $$$ on the Mach. I've traded DOO stock before, maybe time to go long again...lol
It will also mean that current 900T's will hold their value relatively well.(If you like Skidoo's)

Maybe Ski Doo has forgotten that the Mach Z of the past was actually second to the mighty SRX. Looks like history may repeat itself.

It is just an anti-lag
Youre correct. Ifound the following description on snowgoer:

'To activate the Launch mode on a stopped/idling snowmobile, the driver pushes the driving mode button forward to Sport and holds it for a couple of seconds until they hear the engine RPM increase to 1800 RPM.

At this point, the driver gives a hard squeeze to the brake, followed by mashing the throttle all the way to the handlebar. The engine speed quickly spins up to 3400 RPM – just below clutch engagement – and hold it there, getting the turbo charge up and running without risk of burning the belt.

Like a high-end sports car or a modern snocross sled with a “stutter” button, the engine then spits, sputters, pops and crackles as it backfires into the exhaust and gets the turbocharge on full spool, waiting for the brake to be released. Frankly, it’s cool as hell sitting on this idling sled that sounds like a high end drag racing and then releasing the brake and roaring off a starting line.

Admittedly, on the model we tested, the main thing the Launch Mode did was dig a big hole as the unstudded track searched for traction before finally hooking up and surging us forward. For true “launched-out-of-a-canon” feel, a studded track will be necessary. Still, the rate of acceleration was exhilarating. We can’t wait to spend more time on the machine next week!"

The fact that they included this feature makes me suspicious that the sled has a lot of turbo lag in normal operation.

Back