• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Mach Z

Youre correct. Ifound the following description on snowgoer:

'To activate the Launch mode on a stopped/idling snowmobile, the driver pushes the driving mode button forward to Sport and holds it for a couple of seconds until they hear the engine RPM increase to 1800 RPM.

At this point, the driver gives a hard squeeze to the brake, followed by mashing the throttle all the way to the handlebar. The engine speed quickly spins up to 3400 RPM – just below clutch engagement – and hold it there, getting the turbo charge up and running without risk of burning the belt.

Like a high-end sports car or a modern snocross sled with a “stutter” button, the engine then spits, sputters, pops and crackles as it backfires into the exhaust and gets the turbocharge on full spool, waiting for the brake to be released. Frankly, it’s cool as hell sitting on this idling sled that sounds like a high end drag racing and then releasing the brake and roaring off a starting line.

Admittedly, on the model we tested, the main thing the Launch Mode did was dig a big hole as the unstudded track searched for traction before finally hooking up and surging us forward. For true “launched-out-of-a-canon” feel, a studded track will be necessary. Still, the rate of acceleration was exhilarating. We can’t wait to spend more time on the machine next week!"

The fact that they included this feature makes me suspicious that the sled has a lot of turbo lag in normal operation.
Or they want to win. It works trust me

Riding Yamaha’s the last 25 years always seem to be down 100 cc at least running against bigger sleds and still win . This will be a cake walk Having advantages before you line up :)

Sorry skidoo lovers it's still 20hp less than the winder #snodust

I am no Ski Doo lover but this 900R has 17.4psi boost with larger injectors. Hurricanes 900T with 17 psi boost is 205hp.
Ski Doo knows what they need to beat a stock Winder they have had 5 years to figure out...210 hp and launch control.
I can't wait for the shoot outs!

Not really hard for Yamaha to dump 1pound more into the program of the 22s

If I were Yamaha I would bump the 998s to 240 hp. I typically run mine in the 240 setting and its simple to clutch easy on belts and gets good gas mileage. It is an absolutely amazing sled at 240hp.
Now is time for Yamaha to make a 200+ Hp NA motor with gear reduction. Then you guys can add a turbo to that.

Was lot of complaints about the drive by wire throttle on 900t. Noticed they put a cable on Mach.[/QU
Sort of. The cable is not connected to the throttle body.

avw.php

I did not fool with those dam srx''s with my 2001 stock machz! They ran really well!! And sounded great!

I loved mine with Turks clutching (from the old TY days). Anyone else remember Turk? He was the best!

cable to an actuator.

I'm sure someone will chime in on what the 21 model was, but I think it was already substantially higher than the 10.5 of the Winder.
I have been told 12 lbs. So at about 8 hp per lb that is about 40hp or so more. I am thinking around 200-210hp for the Mach.

Back