• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Sidewinder ltx eps - getting rid of push

Rode a full day yesterday with the Slydog Command ski, 6 inch shaper bar.
Perfect spring conditions. Fresh groomed trail, hard as a brick. These ski's BITE ! I was actually trying to dial a little bite out of them first thing in the morning. They did not dart in the hard condition but would fall into some ruts caused by an old frozen ski track or groomer marks. I don't think, with a single runner, you will ever get this scenario to change. This is where a dual runner has the edge in my mind. The only edge.
As the day got warmer and the snow softened the skis continued to hold a line really well. The sled went wherever you pointed it. No darting. Impressive, really. I didn't even bother with any further adjustments during the day and focused on my clutching instead.
The skis work really well in my opinion. and are deal at the price--$402 with skags, with mounting kit, delivered.
Now, with all this being said, I would be hesitant to try these on a four stroke without power steering. I could feel these skis at certain times really getting into the snow, for lack of a better description. The EPS made this a non-issue, as you could still turn the bars with ease, but I wonder about the steering effort without EPS.
I would recommend, if possible, to non-EPS riders, to try the ski first before buying. Make your buddy with an EPS sled buy the skis, then take them and put them on your sled for a day.
For EPS riders looking for more front-end bite at a reasonable price, I think these skis work.

Perfect spring conditions. Fresh groomed trail, hard as a brick. These ski's BITE ! I was actually trying to dial a little bite out of them first thing in the morning. They did not dart in the hard condition but would fall into some ruts caused by an old frozen ski track or groomer marks. I don't think, with a single runner, you will ever get this scenario to change. This is where a dual runner has the edge in my mind. The only edge.
As the day got warmer and the snow softened the skis continued to hold a line really well. The sled went wherever you pointed it. No darting. Impressive, really. I didn't even bother with any further adjustments during the day and focused on my clutching instead.
The skis work really well in my opinion. and are deal at the price--$402 with skags, with mounting kit, delivered.
Now, with all this being said, I would be hesitant to try these on a four stroke without power steering. I could feel these skis at certain times really getting into the snow, for lack of a better description. The EPS made this a non-issue, as you could still turn the bars with ease, but I wonder about the steering effort without EPS.
I would recommend, if possible, to non-EPS riders, to try the ski first before buying. Make your buddy with an EPS sled buy the skis, then take them and put them on your sled for a day.
For EPS riders looking for more front-end bite at a reasonable price, I think these skis work.
Good information thanks for sharing…

Glad you liked them. I have about 1,600 miles on mine now and absolutely love them in all conditions. I wonder how these would be on the non-EPS sleds using BOP mechanical power steering. I was thinking about putting both on my other Sidewinder for my son's sled. I may have to try this for next season.

Glad you liked them. I have about 1,600 miles on mine now and absolutely love them in all conditions. I wonder how these would be on the non-EPS sleds using BOP mechanical power steering. I was thinking about putting both on my other Sidewinder for my son's sled. I may have to try this for next season.

I almost ordered a set of Slydogs to try, they look really good! Then I though about it and decided I have two set of Doo skis, the 6.9's and my 5.7R Single keel race ski which, are like a C&A already, along with MANY sets of different carbides and thought best use what I already have. I bet I have at least $1500 in different carbides for the Doo skis already. There are many in the pile to use for sure!

These Slydog skis look really nice too, and I think most single keel skis will work with the right carbides on the EPS sled. What's nice is even the tough ones skis will steer nice and easy with EPS on the machine.

Now a C&A convert.

Have a set of cat skis and have used both shaper and aces carbides of the 9-10 inch variety. They always pushed as the snow got softer.

Picked up a used set of trx skis with 4" shaper bars and man what a difference in the snow today. Everyone says they are.precise.and they mean it. Really gave me a boost in confidence to take corners a bit quicker. And it certainly out handled the car skis when it got soft. Looking forward to trying these next year in the harder pack with some triple points. Not sure if I want 6" or 8" with 4 per bar and 137".

Good to hear you like them so far, yeah they definitely bite hard lol, going into corners I could feel the skis bite enough to over come the studs and make the sled corner like nothing I’ve tried before on my SW. I had them on my sled for just over 1400k and was amazed how well they keep a straight line even on frozen hard trails, I personally don’t know of another ski/single carbide combo that is dart free like these are.

I highly recommend not putting these on a non eps sled, steering resistance is extreme..
Ive been thinking the same thing about the BOP mps but I don’t think it will reduce the steering effort enough.. hope I’m wrong though as I would jump on that combo..

I almost ordered a set of Slydogs to try, they look really good! Then I though about it and decided I have two set of Doo skis, the 6.9's and my 5.7R Single keel race ski which, are like a C&A already, along with MANY sets of different carbides and thought best use what I already have. I bet I have at least $1500 in different carbides for the Doo skis already. There are many in the pile to use for sure!

These Slydog skis look really nice too, and I think most single keel skis will work with the right carbides on the EPS sled. What's nice is even the tough ones skis will steer nice and easy with EPS on the machine.

Well I think you hit it on the head Knapp. With EPS on this sled, we have many great options to choose from for precise steering in many different conditions whether it's Slydog, Ski Doo 5.7R, Curve, C&A, SLP, etc. I am starting to stack up a pile of different skis and carbides as well. What's so great is some of these aggressive skis that presented harder steering effort with non-EPS sleds, now become such a great option with effortless steering now with EPS. I used to always get a workout riding my sidewinder on tight twisty trails.....now I just sit back and can breath through my nose and don't work up a sweat. I think I need to go to the gym again....

Well I think you hit it on the head Knapp. With EPS on this sled, we have many great options to choose from for precise steering in many different conditions whether it's Slydog, Ski Doo 5.7R, Curve, C&A, SLP, etc. I am starting to stack up a pile of different skis and carbides as well. What's so great is some of these aggressive skis that presented harder steering effort with non-EPS sleds, now become such a great option with effortless steering now with EPS. I used to always get a workout riding my sidewinder on tight twisty trails.....now I just sit back and can breath through my nose and don't work up a sweat. I think I need to go to the gym again....
Must be nice haha..

Must be nice haha..

Ha, it certainly is a nice feeling! This sled really becomes such a nice high mileage sled now, day after day, without getting fatigued. Like I said, problem is, I no longer get a nice workout on the weekends. I really love the combination of EPS and these Command skis.

Its exactly why I ran the BOP arms and Aggressive SnowTrackers, I came off a hard steering Doo and it ruined my elbows and shoulders permanently, I knew I had to run the trackers to get the easiest steering possible. Even with the BOP arms I couldn't stand the tuners on the non EPS sled. It turned like a bear with the stock tuner skis.

EPS will make things so much easier in this regard. Set the suspension for ride and the skis to turn and not dart around with carbides.

Did anyone here buy the OP Richards 2022 GT yet? Someone should have by now!

I could feel the skis bite enough to over come the studs
this happened to me also in a few slippery corners. I am not over studded, 96 with a 1.5 rip2, and I did feel the back slide a bit a few times.

First weekend up north with my 23 SRX totally stock . After riding 340 km of hard packed trails with lots of tight trails Saturday, I won’t be going back to anything without power steering.
Definitely a must for guys over 40 or any body that does high mileage days .
Set the spring heights & toe out to 5mm sled rails corners better than my 22 LTX . And just like my 21 srx the soft & med work excellent on the fly on trails , & the hard setting seems to be useable now not rock hard like before. Overall power steering is the biggest improvement by far sense 2017 on the sidewinder.

Attachments

• 7D69BC4C-ABEF-40B1-B206-96C271C49FE5.jpeg
    7D69BC4C-ABEF-40B1-B206-96C271C49FE5.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 59D4B0A4-5488-4499-A6F6-A1EA84549585.jpeg
    59D4B0A4-5488-4499-A6F6-A1EA84549585.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 50
  • A927264D-5361-4FF8-9D86-91BB17CBB3C5.jpeg
    A927264D-5361-4FF8-9D86-91BB17CBB3C5.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I wouldnt waste time trying to work with Tuners on this Procross sled. It does not like a dual keel ski. Whereas the FX and Delta box sleds came to life with twin keels- this sled becomes almost erratic and a bit untameable.

I have been running C&A's which is an aggressive single keel ski:

Shapers-
With 6" shapers they carve and have tons of bite but the steering pressure is pretty crazy. At times the ski will load really bad and want to flip up (or highside). If the snow is hard they are pretty miserable, but in loose fluffy snow - they would feel pretty good.

Slim Jims-
The Slim Jim's are great compromise. They are like a Swiss Army Knife - they do it all, but dont really excell in any one area. Typically, the harder the snow - the better. Bar pressure is light, like 'power steering light'. In normal packed powder trails they will push (a bit) but like i stated earlier, it is so predictable you are never left hanging - the sled always comes around. In loose fresh snow or spring slop, they start to push and you will be forced off the throttle to ensure you make the corner. Not a big deal - if you are anticipating it.

Bergstrom Triple Points-
For a single rod the triples work really well on this sled. The bar pressure is not too bad, fairly light. They make the sled come around in all snow conditions. They dont handle as crisp in hard snow. BUt in soft fluff, or spring slush to cut through it quite well. Where the Slim Jims start pushing in those conditions, the Bergtraums still handle sharp.

That's my experience with single keel C&A's - xpt's.
MS
This is what I'm trying this season on the 22 LTX GT. XPTs and the triple points.
Any advice on centre shock settings? It's hard to know with power steering but will start with it loose and dial it in.

Last edited:
Cant speak to a sled with power steering.
My friends sled with the XPT's and triple points has a few turns in from loose with the centre shock. After riding his - IMO it needs a bit more as i find the steering a bit harsh. The skis can feel too rooted.

But - like you said, start with it loose and go up from there until you like it.

On my sled with the XPT's and slim jims - my centre shock is pretty loose once the weight is off the sled. And it steers super easy.
Good luck
MS

(Note - both sleds have a not pulled up the limiter strap and the back torsion springs are on the middle setting on the cam)

Cant speak to a sled with power steering.
My friends sled with the XPT's and triple points has a few turns in from loose with the centre shock. After riding his - IMO it needs a bit more as i find the steering a bit harsh. The skis can feel too rooted.

But - like you said, start with it loose and go up from there until you like it.

On my sled with the XPT's and slim jims - my centre shock is pretty loose once the weight is off the sled. And it steers super easy.
Good luck
MS

(Note - both sleds have a not pulled up the limiter strap and the back torsion springs are on the middle setting on the cam)
Good to know! Thank you.

Back