• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Sidewinder ltx eps - getting rid of push

I didn’t try this setup on the EPS SLED, although I’m sure it would work. Main thing about the 2022 I didn’t like was the tall spindles and higher center of gravity even with the SRX lowered springs. It just feels too high, lifts inside ski and doesn’t bite as hard in the corners and is the reason I am going back to the 2019.
Man you guys lost me on all the changes and I give you a ton of credit for the work you have done and posting on here… If you want to get rid of a push ( sled wants to go straight ) you have the following options…. 1.) Remove studs, 2.) Better Ski’s 3.) Better Carbide 4.) stiffer front shock spring 5.) Slower Shock compression 6.) stiffer sway bar 7.) More camber on the spindle 8.) Rear transfer blocks removed, 9) Front track spring and shock set soft 10.) rear suspension shock set stiff . You are concentrating on Ski’s and Carbide which is only part of the handling package… Inside ski lift usually can be eliminated by running correctly calibrated front shocks and springs on the softer side… maybe this information won’t help, but it may get you thinking in a different manner . Anyway I hope its useful….

Man you guys lost me on all the changes and I give you a ton of credit for the work you have done and posting on here… If you want to get rid of a push ( sled wants to go straight ) you have the following options…. 1.) Remove studs, 2.) Better Ski’s 3.) Better Carbide 4.) stiffer front shock spring 5.) Slower Shock compression 6.) stiffer sway bar 7.) More camber on the spindle 8.) Rear transfer blocks removed, 9) Front track spring and shock set soft 10.) rear suspension shock set stiff . You are concentrating on Ski’s and Carbide which is only part of the handling package… Inside ski lift usually can be eliminated by running correctly calibrated front shocks and springs on the softer side… maybe this information won’t help, but it may get you thinking in a different manner . Anyway I hope its useful….
The only thing I haven’t tried on your list is the camber ajdustment. But as I mentioned, the 2019 with lower spindles DOESNT lift skis like the 20’ and newer tall spindles. I haven’t just tried skis, I have tried all suspension adjustments you mention but they all have a negative side effect. I tried the stiff center spring, it’s too rough of a ride. I have tried removing blocks in rear, it lifts skis and is not planted….etc
I have been on this chassis since 2012 with well over 40000kms on them. I really feel the tall spindle was a step backwards and really hard to ‘tune’ that out. I appreciate your insight none the less!

The tall spindles are the issue, there’s a reason the racers want the old style spindle. I swapped to the tall spindles on my 2019 at one point and it was a huge step backwards! Swapped back to the old spindle to get my good handling low COG back.

You realize tightening the limiter strap and loosening the front ski springs and front arm spring will lower the front end too right? Tightening the limiter is a last resort on the Cat chassis, but It's what I had to do on the DOOS to keep the inside ski lift at bay. Tried tightening limiter on my 17 but it lost ride. I still run loose ski springs and front arm spring on it however.

I think getting rid of the 23 is a knee jerk reaction till you try these things. Also like I said shaper bars or Aggressive Snow Trackers should make it rail corners. It can handle much more aggressive skis and carbides next to the older non EPS version.

There's always more than one way to get the job done. Sometimes when it comes to handling you need to make make a couple adjustments to make things work. There no reason you can't make the new sled rail and work like the older one.

The only thing I haven’t tried on your list is the camber ajdustment. But as I mentioned, the 2019 with lower spindles DOESNT lift skis like the 20’ and newer tall spindles. I haven’t just tried skis, I have tried all suspension adjustments you mention but they all have a negative side effect. I tried the stiff center spring, it’s too rough of a ride. I have tried removing blocks in rear, it lifts skis and is not planted….etc
I have been on this chassis since 2012 with well over 40000kms on them. I really feel the tall spindle was a step backwards and really hard to ‘tune’ that out. I appreciate your insight none the less!

The tall spindles are the issue, there’s a reason the racers want the old style spindle. I swapped to the tall spindles on my 2019 at one point and it was a huge step backwards! Swapped back to the old spindle to get my good handling low COG back.
Rear shock stiff, front suspension track shock and spring set soft.. to clarify …. Yes I can see your point of taller front spindles and higher center of gravity… What is their reason for that change is the real question then ????

Does someone have the spindles side by side to measure them, just curious what the actual differences are.

Taller spindles changed the roll center, which is the chassis roll on the suspension, not the roll of the ski on the ground which is actual ski lift. Taller spindles created a higher center of gravity, which when adjusted for can be made up. Its not rocket science.

Tightening the center front arm spring is going the wrong way however for push and ski lift both. Must loosen, not tighten, and tighten the front limiter strap and loosen front ski shocks. It will rail corners with decent skis and carbides with proper adjustments.

I didn’t try this setup on the EPS SLED, although I’m sure it would work. Main thing about the 2022 I didn’t like was the tall spindles and higher center of gravity even with the SRX lowered springs. It just feels too high, lifts inside ski and doesn’t bite as hard in the corners and is the reason I am going back to the 2019.

Are you still trying to make a dual carbide not push?

Does someone have the spindles side by side to measure them, just curious what the actual differences are.
AC94F67E-F12B-462E-B6DC-1DD0BD9B5CA9.jpeg

Not the best pic as my sled is a little father back, can’t remember exactly but I recall 2” higher.

Thanks, super helpful, will still have to find my way to one of the local shops to see if they have both so I can take some measurements. I think however, I see what they did but will need measurements to confirm.

The rear suspension on the front arm has some differences also, I think Hammer70 converted his sled to the newer version.

Handling is very subjective, one might think their sled handles great while another guy jumps on it and thinks the opposite. Like Knapp said there’s no reasoning why the newer sleds can’t handle great, just need to find the right setup which im still looking for haha

My 22 XTX came in the lower hole also. I inquired to my dealer and this is what he said.

Attachments

• F330BA92-F105-46E8-BCD7-430E6C5CE3E2.jpeg
    F330BA92-F105-46E8-BCD7-430E6C5CE3E2.jpeg
    31.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 7B2BA640-3FB1-461E-8AC6-692DB5E08A0E.jpeg
    7B2BA640-3FB1-461E-8AC6-692DB5E08A0E.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 73

Back