• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Sidewinder XTX LE 146 Snow check - change the track?

LTX LE gets the Kashima coated Qs3 "R" shocks as compared to the standard QS3 on the XTX. Both great shock packages, the Qs3R are just considered top of the line.

Oops I updated the picture. I'm comparing the LTX SE so it has the Fox RC shocks which should be cheaper...

XTX Se has the mountain front end and...so that would be out of the question for me. The color scheme is pretty sweet though!

Not sure what you guys are seeing for pricing on a snow checked machine? I've contacted 4 dealers. 2 of them near my cabin, 2 near my home. The best I have seen is $1100 off MSRP on an LTX LE. So $16,850. plus sales tax and reg.
That seems pretty good to me. The last Yamaha I snow checked they wouldn't come close to discounting the machine this much. Invoice on the machine is $16,364.00

Alright...Last night I made my deposit online to reserve. I had already spoken to my dealer...but intend to finalize everything when I pick up my Nytro from the shop on Saturday morning. I thought I was sold on the XTX last night after watching every damn YouTube vid I could find and reading on this forum, but after speaking to the dealer this morning they have me re-considering the LTX LE.
Not sure if I mentioned but we have a cabin in just north of Minocqua, so I ride mainly groomed trails in and around the Minocqua area/Vilas/Oneida/Iron counties.
Right off the bat I would like to tune it, add an exhaust, and take care of any clutching necessary for the added HP. I am thinking ripsaw 2 1.5 if I go LTX LE and a 1.75 backcountry or hurricane if I go XTX

I just saw your thread and thought I'd give you my 2 cents....

I agree with your dealers recommending the LTX LE over the XTX LE for riding the WI Northwoods areas that you mention. With the coupled skid you will get the ultimate handling with the least amount of ski lift in the corners.

You mentioned in your first post that you'd be swapping out the track with a 1.75" lug if you bought a XTX or swapping out the track to a 1.5" Ripsaw II if you chose the LTX-LE. For what it's worth I would not consider a 1.75" track for the areas that you've mentioned you ride in. In my opinion if you run at the speeds that these sleds are capable of for extended distances on a trail the 1.5" lug is the tallest that I would consider. IMHO the 1.75" lug tracks will generate too much heat which will result in a much shorter track and hyfax life.

The Ripsaw II 1.5" lug track would be an excellent choice. I've got that track in my 2021 SRX (unstudded) and it hooks up great in trail conditions and does a pretty good job off trail. If your preference is to run a studded track I don't think you could do better than that track.

SRX or LTX LE??? Besides the obvious color differences between the two (personal preference) the differences that I can see are:

SRX has the on the fly Fox compression adjustable shocks on the skis and the rear skid shock with no rebound adjustment on any of the shocks. Lower ride height for a slight edge in flat cornering. I really like having the on the fly feature on my new SRX and find myself using it quite a bit while riding. Yamaha has done a great job of getting these shocks dialed in for a wide range of trail conditions and rider weight. I will mention that I had to have the switch on the handlebar that controls the shock settings replaced this year (warranty) as it wouldn't change the shock settings. Just wanted to mention that you've got to consider the potential for a problem with the added electronics with the SRX shocks.

LTX LE has the manually adjustable Fox Kashima coated QS3-R shocks on all four shocks. Three position dial on all four shocks for compression control with a knob for adjusting rebound. My wife rides a 2018 LTX LE that came standard with these same shocks that the 2022 LTX LE has. It's a real third world problem having to stop off to the side of the trail and make a quick adjustment as conditions change. These are excellent shocks that offer a awesome ride. Most people consider these shocks to be the highest quality and best riding Fox shocks. She's a set it and forget it rider and once she's found her sweet spot for the day on the shocks she never even considers changing it.

You mentioned getting a tune, exhaust, and clutching from the get go. That's exactly what I did on my new SRX this year. I've got a great dealer who can install everything and will stand behind it. I chose a single tune to keep it simple on my end and am really happy with the results.

Hopefully this will help and good luck with whatever you decide to pull the trigger on. Feel free to send me a message if you've got any questions. ;)!

Thank you for the information and well said response VX1R!

I believe everyone who has encouraged me to go LTX LE is probably spot on. I'd be pretty annoyed if I went XTX and couldn't hang with my buddies on the trail when we are really movin.

I really like the SRX, and its retro color scheme...just not sure if I could or would pull it off. I usually tell my wife, would Batman drive it/wear it, etc? If not count me out. If it was the all black color from 2020, it would be a no brainer for me. I like the idea of the iQS3 shocks as well..but at this point it kind of just comes down to color scheme between the SRX and LTX.
At the risk of being banned from this forum, I will admit I am not a blue fan either...but the LTX LE doesn't have SO much blue that it turns me off. Plus my wife's family has a print/decal/wrap shop and has offered to wrap it. So I may go that route.

Who's tune did you go with and which one? If you dont mind me asking, what should a guy expect to pay for the tune/clutching/pipe etc through the dealer?

Back