• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Stock SRX vs 2022 Mach Z

We put a Hurricane ECU in a Mack this week and it turned it into an actual Mach! The SOB runs really-really good now. Pulls a ton of weight using the UltimaxXS belt and PB-80. We had to add and keep adding weight to the primary. Turned a slow sled into a fast sled. Owner is now damn happy with the sled!

Said he now can't keep the skis down however, just like I figured it would. Typical Doo... Skis now off the ground, see issue I have had with all my Doos when you actually put some power into it. Guess thats a good problem to have when its not powerful enough stock. Now he'll just have to figure a way make it handle with the skis on the ground.
So KnappAttack, what is the total dollar amount, plus price of sled does this guy have in his sled if you don’t mind me asking?

lacked the quality of the others,
Not sure you can put Polaris in that category. Those sleds have been rife with problems the last 1-3 years.
I just had to go pick up a 2020 off the side of the trail with upper shaft bearing blown out. 3k miles. not the first problem on that machine either....

Not sure you can put Polaris in that category. Those sleds have been rife with problems the last 1-3 years.
I just had to go pick up a 2020 off the side of the trail with upper shaft bearing blown out. 3k miles. not the first problem on that machine either....
I heard about their jackshaft bearing being garbage. I wasn't talking about the newer sleds. I owned nothing but Cats from 1990 to 2004. Back then the best built sleds were Yamaha and Doo, and Polaris was pretty darn good also. I just loved the way Cats performed back then and they definitely were more problematic than the others. When I started buying Doo's and Yamahas I found my tools didn't get much use.

So KnappAttack, what is the total dollar amount, plus price of sled does this guy have in his sled if you don’t mind me asking?

I suppose he has about 22K or so in it total. He added the Hurricane ECU at $2700 and the Cudney PB-80 kit and an Ultimax XS belt. He said the Mack was 18K with tax when he ordered it. He texted me this weekend that he feels its very close to his old 240 Sidewinder performance wise. Certainly runs FAR better than it did stock. He was getting beat by 850's stock!

Really don’t know why anyone cares about other brands??? All true snowmobilers defend the brand they own at that time of Ownership .. We have to justify our decisions in our own minds , as this makes us feel correct and just … Some will tell you they don’t care about speed but pull up on their brands fastest model or latest and greatest with a bag of well hidden tricks and always the same excuse…. Its just stock…when they get their butt beat….. Lol… Its just a pleasure to see Yamaha still making a very good motor and nothing better for how long now …And good luck trying to beat this Cat Chassis once its set up right for trail riding ….

I suppose he has about 22K or so in it total. He added the Hurricane ECU at $2700 and the Cudney PB-80 kit and an Ultimax XS belt. He said the Mack was 18K with tax when he ordered it. He texted me this weekend that he feels its very close to his old 240 Sidewinder performance wise. Certainly runs FAR better than it did stock. He was getting beat by 850's stock!
Well, I remember taking a ride on a stock F1100 turbo. I wouldn’t have given you 10 cents for it! That sled was a dog too but once tuned( for a lot less money than the Mack) it was a runner. Didn’t handle worth crap but could be made fast.

Really don’t know why anyone cares about other brands??? All true snowmobilers defend the brand they own at that time of Ownership .. We have to justify our decisions in our own minds , as this makes us feel correct and just … Some will tell you they don’t care about speed but pull up on their brands fastest model or latest and greatest with a bag of well hidden tricks and always the same excuse…. Its just stock…when they get their butt beat….. Lol… Its just a pleasure to see Yamaha still making a very good motor and nothing better for how long now …And good luck trying to beat this Cat Chassis once its set up right for trail riding ….

I dont know why you'd say that. Some things in a different brand may very well be more important to someone else. I for one like a lot of qualities the others bring to the table. I'd like to take some of the different tech, chassis, suspensions and combine them to make one awesome super sled.

Well, I remember taking a ride on a stock F1100 turbo. I wouldn’t have given you 10 cents for it! That sled was a dog too but once tuned( for a lot less money than the Mack) it was a runner. Didn’t handle worth crap but could be made fast.

Isn't that the truth, I had one of those POS 2012 Turbo Cat ProCross sleds. I remember paying $11,100 for a brand new LXF brand new in 2011 when I ordered it. Had high hopes for it and sold it in less than 800 miles. It was fast once I put the JD tune and muffler on it. Unbelievable, but such poor handling, ride and you know how tough they were to work on.

Didn't think I'd ever own another Cat let alone a ProCross, here I am today with the complete opposite mindset after owning the Winder for so long. I love how it handles, rides and is so easy to work on. Took quite a bit to make it fast though from where I came from with my 1200 Doo turbo, and I struggled with it for many seasons before I got it to where it is now. It's came a very long ways and had to learn all the tough stuff the hard way over the seasons. It'd be much easier if we knew years ago what we know now... LOL.

I dont know why you'd say that. Some things in a different brand may very well be more important to someone else. I for one like a lot of qualities the others bring to the table. I'd like to take some of the different tech, chassis, suspensions and combine them to make one awesome super sled.

Isn't that the truth, I had one of those POS 2012 Turbo Cat ProCross sleds. I remember paying $11,100 for a brand new LXF brand new in 2011 when I ordered it. Had high hopes for it and sold it in less than 800 miles. It was fast once I put the JD tune and muffler on it. Unbelievable, but such poor handling, ride and you know how tough they were to work on.

Didn't think I'd ever own another Cat let alone a ProCross, here I am today with the complete opposite mindset after owning the Winder for so long. I love how it handles, rides and is so easy to work on. Took quite a bit to make it fast though from where I came from with my 1200 Doo turbo, and I struggled with it for many seasons before I got it to where it is now. It's came a very long ways and had to learn all the tough stuff the hard way over the seasons. It'd be much easier if we knew years ago what we know now... LOL.
I agree that they all have good qualities and some bad also.. My point was if Iam riding a Yamaha I feel that I bought that model cause in my mind it was the best choice for me at that time.. I already made my mind up and I really don’t care or need someone telling me how good another brand is .. In my opinion, I will defend my brand which is my knowledge and research that I already completed just like most true snowmobliers .. When someone says that this machine is better or that machine is better, it may be in their mind at that time and Iam sure their are good points it excels at.. Nothing wrong with taking best parts from any of them and making the best sled you can … Loyalty in this sport in my opinion has in the past only been ownership deep…..

King of the lake!! Ok sure…

Saw this ad on Facebook tonight. Made me laugh. Ski Doo has been tooting their horn for as long as I can remember. In fact I recall my dad getting suckered into his 1973 Silver Bullet 440, it was advertised as a 100 mph sled. It was not only a turd but also a POS. So bad he couldn’t sell it and it became my first sled because of that. I was only 10 years old.

Maybe SD should have painted the Mack Silver and re-used that name?

Snowtrax tv has a video out that makes the new 180 hp sled look to be neck and neck with the TCat on YouTube. After listening to the Lester’s say “we know you can get 230 hp out of both of these with an easy flash” ….I’m like not so fast, it takes a $2700 ECU to do that!! Luke got all butt hurt, commented that I was wrong in so many ways…..then deletes my comment, he did admit SD paid for that promotional video too.

Attachments

• C1F28BE6-D1FA-4D35-9AF5-E0730A55C8E4.png
    C1F28BE6-D1FA-4D35-9AF5-E0730A55C8E4.png
    255.9 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
King of the lake!! Ok sure…

Saw this ad on Facebook tonight. Made me laugh. Ski Doo has been tooting their horn for as long as I can remember. In fact I recall my dad getting suckered into his 1973 Silver Bullet 440, it was advertised as a 100 mph sled. It was not only a turd but also a POS. So bad he couldn’t sell it and it became my first sled because of that. I was only 10 years old.

Maybe SD should have painted the Mack Silver and re-used that name?

Snowtrax tv has a video out that makes the new 180 hp sled look to be neck and neck with the TCat on YouTube. After listening to the Lester’s say we know you can get 230 hp out of both of these with and easy flash ….I’m like not so fast, it takes a $2700 ECU to do that!! Luke got all butt hurt, commented that I was wrong in so many ways…..then deletes my comment, he did admit SD paid for that promotional video too.
Most all the early sleds had alot of issues. I started off riding 1970 440 Artic Cat Puma with a Sach’s motor and a 340 Puma with Kaw motor and we were always changing broken cleats.. In our area the Ski Doo have never had any kind of resale and still don’t to this day.. And the Lester’s have always promoted the company’s that more or less support them the most on average most of the time.. Do you think their review would be different if they had to use their own money to buy each model they tested over the years and no one to butter their bread like us true snowmoblier’s … oh heck ya !

Back