• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 Sidewinder LE with power steering....

The Garmin tread GPS trail dash mount and mountain sled mount[over goggle bag] has been available through Cat for a couple years now.
Makes a nice installation but I mounted mine on my handle bar bag so as not to interfere with my Razor belt temp gage.

Before doing an imaginary mic drop after posting on here with such confidence, you should think a little bit more, just a little bit. Nothing about the srx is light or classifies it as just a lake racer. It has an electronic suspension and a heated seat……clearly trail features. It uses different springs and nothing else to achieve a lower ride height and a 1” track which will mph better than a 1.25” track with all else being equal. The weight savings on the 1” track is moot because the heating elements in the seat combined with the switch to operate it and the module for the electronic suspension probably make it equal out lol. Some people like the look, lowered stance and are perfectly fine with a 1” track for the trails they ride. In fact, the 1” track gives up a little traction in corners and combined with a lower ride height you have a sled that corners real nice and flat. Odd that its only designed for straight line racing huh. Power steering does not have anything negative to this chassis. I agree it should be optional at purchase but its hard enough to get a sled now having it customized may only make things worse. Anyways, got to go. Im gonna get on my sidewinder xtx and hit the powder in a straightline and make sure I dont hit any hardpack. Its a 146 with a 1.6 track, musnt be deaigned for anything else right?
100% correct that there is nothing lightweight about a modern SRX or Tcat for that matter. Any Winder can be lowered using the SRX rear springs and screwing down the front shocks about an inch. I tried this on my 1100 and it worked great on the lake. It put the snow flap just about on the ground. After riding some rougher trails, I put the standard springs back in and decided to save them for racing if I become so inclined. If someone is worried about a few pounds due to the power steering unit and the heated seat, I would recommend exlax for a couple days before riding. That should lighten up the rider a few pounds. LOL

Am I wrong in saying that the heritage colours of the SRX are white/red/gold ?

Am I wrong in saying that the heritage colours of the SRX are white/red/gold ?

Great read .
My start as a Yamaha enthusiast was on a 82 SRV .
I have never to this day owned a blue Yamaha sled .
Blue is a slow colour !
Can't imagine how much faster those SRX's of the 2000 +/- era could have been if they were red / White and Gold !!!
Like my 22 SRX !

Great read .
My start as a Yamaha enthusiast was on a 82 SRV .
I have never to this day owned a blue Yamaha sled .
Blue is a slow colour !
Can't imagine how much faster those SRX's of the 2000 +/- era could have been if they were red / White and Gold !!!
Like my 22 SRX !

But they are nice looking! We should go ride sometime..

:cool:

So has anyone looked into putting eps in our pre 22's?

So has anyone looked into putting eps in our pre 22's?
It will be an expensive project. You need the steering box, new wiring harness, steering shaft and brackets. PLUS THE ECU which adds to the cost since the steering is speed sensitive. I figure about $3-4k

Attachments

• DA897A5E-540C-4B3A-B586-6645873ABA91 (1).JPG
    DA897A5E-540C-4B3A-B586-6645873ABA91 (1).JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 131
It will be an expensive project. You need the steering box, new wiring harness, steering shaft and brackets. PLUS THE ECU which adds to the cost since the steering is speed sensitive. I figure about $3-4k
there is a comp who makes a power steering kit it is like 1500.00

I dont see the power steering decal. Maybe someone can show us where it is at.

Well the SRX is a lake racer not a trail machine.... buy a sidewinder!!!you don't need a SRX!!!IT IS A LAKE RACER,LOWER TO THE GROUND AND AS LIGHT AS POSSIBLE!!!!!THE SRX IS SUPPOSE TO GO STRAIGHT AND FAST,WE AR DONE HERE!!!
Well the srx is the most superior trail sled available it corners like its on rails can't imagine anything better obviously your not a trail rider or you would know this

Last edited:

Back