• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 Yamaha Snowmobile line up

2023 no big changes. bold new graphics. eps and option on all spring orders. SRX will be black and gold. no chassis change till 2024. cat made that clear in there 2023 live release back in march.

2023 no big changes. bold new graphics. eps and option on all spring orders. SRX will be black and gold. no chassis change till 2024. cat made that clear in there 2023 live release back in march.
I would love to see the SRX look something like this one, complete with Ohlin's shocks...

1643992106039.png

I think Cat not releasing there new chassis is suicide ! This is the perfect climate to throw out a Limited build model. Just put a limit on the number sold . This way they can work out all the kinks and we stay interested and Hopeful. It doesn't make sense to me to hold back . We need them to make a statement and prove to us there moving forward ! The people buying will eat anything up at this point . Look what there paying for old junk .

The Yamaha models will slowly get switched over to more and more Arctic Cat. Next step will be the new ADAPT clutch on Yamaha models as well.
ADAPT clutch is already Yamaha Mountainmax also :)

I would rather the 2023's come before mine is built at this point. That way I can see what the price increase may be and what models may be different.

Polaris has stayed #2 for years and years without offering a 4 stroke engine choice. I doubt they are interested in doing that now when neither Cat or Yamaha are any threat to them in sales.
I always look at it like Lexus. Profit and a quality product keeps a well run business solvent. Sales leader doesnt mean a whole lot. I rode doos when they were last place because I liked them. Right now, a yamaha 4 stroke of some sort needs to be in my engine bay. All the chassis left are similar in many respects and can be made to ride and handle fine. But that 998 turbo and 4cyl apex motors are just fun for the right thumb.

I would love to see a small displacement, turbo 4-stroke. The 998 has the big numbers covered. I would like to see a purpose built small displacement motor that sits low and more centralized in a chassis designed from the start for a turbo and optimal intercooler placement. While we are at it, design it stout enough to take a bore for the mod crowd and lose 60-80 lbs off of the overall current design. A smaller 4 stroke targeting the 800 2s and under crowd would not only appeal to a larger audience, it would allow yamaha or cat to cover a much broader spectrum of the demographic (de-tuned for younger riders all the way to tuned up for the older ones that are no longer chasing top speed). There has to be a huge market of 600 and 800 class buyers who are just dying for a 4-stroke (reliability, longevity, ease of maintenance, stop carrying oil) but do not want to give up weight/agility to get there.

What we will get is BNG.

I'm assuming we do not know yet the release date for the '23s?

I'd think supply issues shouldn't really affect release of new designs because anything new would still be in custom manufacturing state at this point. It shouldn't make any difference waiting for '22 parts when '23 parts won't even be ordered yet. Engineers have to get up every day and design something - no excuses accepted there.

I'd think supply issues shouldn't really affect release of new designs because anything new would still be in custom manufacturing state at this point. It shouldn't make any difference waiting for '22 parts when '23 parts won't even be ordered yet. Engineers have to get up every day and design something - no excuses accepted there.

Supply issues will directly affect any companies ability to produce anything new. There is only so much capacity in the supply chain and there isn't excess capacity sitting around (or the supply chain issues would already be resolved). It won't stop engineering but coupled with worker shortages and delivery challenges it will slow progress outside of engineering. There is a very long road between engineering, and delivery of production level product.

My educated guess would say that the Yamaha release would be mid March, and Cat would have theirs right before that. This allows the deliveries' to catch up before announcing the new model................
If they are smart they will release what they have been working on. Doo is supposed to make another splash in 23 rumor has it.

RUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMOOOORS

Back