• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

3 wheel offset axle

What are you guys running for rear axle/4 wheel kits?

I'm using the Hurricane stock 8" size 4th wheel kit with their billet alum. spacers & mounts, I like the fact they are using the good old style Made in USA - PPD HD 8" wheels with the big bearings in them. I know these PPD's will hold up extremely well. I thought PPD was made in Canada a while back? These wheels say USA.

CF62AA1B-CC40-406E-A2E1-40FB95CC115A.jpeg

if I’m understanding your question correctly. Can you not adjust track with outside wheels on then take them off and tighten axel then put wheels back on?
Never get them back on IF track tension is properly adjusted. If track is too loose, you might be able to. With proper track tension you can see bulge on outside of track where the wheels are. Might not even be able to get them off, but for sure you wouldn't be able to get them back on.
I've run TT big wheel kits (offset axle) since about 2007 so I'm very familiar w them.

Never get them back on IF track tension is properly adjusted. If track is too loose, you might be able to. With proper track tension you can see bulge on outside of track where the wheels are. Might not even be able to get them off, but for sure you wouldn't be able to get them back on.
I've run TT big wheel kits (offset axle) since about 2007 so I'm very familiar w them.
Not ideal for sure. I guess have to go through track window or if wheel open type?

Not on the kits I bought from them over years. Axle bolt is in a cut out area so from front you can't even see it. Access is through track windows with a custom bent 9/16" wrench. Ugly. Yes, bling thing.
Since u mentioned this I do remember now tightening them down thru the track window. Not easy but it can be done
Are u running a TT kit on yr current sled?

I'm using the Hurricane stock 8" size 4th wheel kit with their billet alum. spacers & mounts, I like the fact they are using the good old style Made in USA - PPD HD 8" wheels with the big bearings in them. I know these PPD's will hold up extremely well. I thought PPD was made in Canada a while back? These wheels say USA.

View attachment 175271
Does that use the stock axle? What size bearing in those wheels you have? Bet that sled hooks.. I see your placement of studs outside the windows. Double and the single in the picture
By the way, I put the BOP wedge in the catalyst 50 lbs.. I will check it after the season if we have one..

Not ideal for sure. I guess have to go through track window or if wheel open type?
Maybe w more open wheel. Center hub of outside wheel is nearly right over head of axle bolt and there's hardly any space between inside of outside wheel and head of bolt. I had to make a 9/16" wrench thinner and bend it so it would fit in through track window. Ugly.

Since u mentioned this I do remember now tightening them down thru the track window. Not easy but it can be done
Are u running a TT kit on yr current sled?
No since stock wheels are 8".

Does that use the stock axle? What size bearing in those wheels you have? Bet that sled hooks.. I see your placement of studs outside the windows. Double and the single in the picture
By the way, I put the BOP wedge in the catalyst 50 lbs.. I will check it after the season if we have one..

Yes stock big axle, 1" I believe is what it is. They are the BIG bearings that last and last forever.

So the Catalyst has the same setup as these problematic sleds did...... Man you'd think that the engineers would stick a nut on the end the axle assembly tightening down on a shoulder on the shaft to hold things tight like they have on their mountain sleds. I just don't get this, but I figured if the Catalyst was like this, and I suspected it was after seeing the track change video, that the shaft saver would work.

I just had a 21 Thundercat in here that was spinning on the BOP wedge set at 50 lbs, but he didn't put the wedge in till 2500 miles and I'm sure the shaft was already really worn. I moved it a third of a rotation in the old shaft and just tightened it down to 70 ft. lbs all gooped up with anti-seize. Hoping it hold this time.... It feels tight like its holding the bearing at 70 Ft. Lbs.

Link? facebook?
I purchased it in 2018, due to rave reviews on this forum (do a search). I don't have a Facebook account, so I had to call him directly. He's a very nice guy.
To be honest, I don't even know if they are still around, I haven't heard anything about them for a few years.

Back