• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

4 Stroke in water

Emme.g.h.

Expert
Hi, guys, managed to "drown" my phazer today..... got any tips on what to do except empty the oil tank?

If it was me I would drain all the oil and change the filter.
Replace with cheap oil and filter. Run it a bit to warm up and cycle oil through the motor. Drain again and check for gray milky appearanceand if it looks clean then replace with a good oil and filter. If not repeat until oil shows no gray milk to it.
You really don't want to let it sit at all with any water in the oil

Yeah ive drained the oil an are about to drain the Gas, all i can see in the oil is a little bit of foam. i´ve also noticed som water has come in to the silencer but wont get out... i´ve lifted the front as high as i can, is there any danger in starting it up`?

No I have not, with "spun the engine over" do you mean tipping it up side down?

Where are the sparkplugs? the manual does not say...

He means to remove the sparkplugs, and try to start with the kill switch in the OFF position. this will rotate the engine and oil pump to circulate the oil/water, so you can drain it again. I would also get a large can of wd40 and sray the shi$$ out of everything, including the cylnders. WD=water dispersing.

Yeah ok thanks, though i have found the sparkplugs I cant seem to remove them, do i just pull or what? and the oilfilter is located where?

Spark plugs are under the gas tank, you need to turn the engine over with sparkplugs out to not get hydrolock and destroy the engine..

If you submerged the sled I would try to get al electronics real dry before trying to start...

I would also put Seafoam in the fuel when you run it. It will help clean, lubricate, and get rid of any moisture within the fuel system. You can also put it your crank case oil to remove old oil residue and moisture.

I'm not much of a mechanic, I seem to do more harm than good, but if you can't find the spark plugs, you should pony up the cash and pay a good mechanic (dealer, friend, friend of a friend, or even someone from this site) to help you or save your sled for you.
For me, the cash is well spent and things are fixed right.

driftbuster said:
I'm not much of a mechanic, I seem to do more harm than good, but if you can't find the spark plugs, you should pony up the cash and pay a good mechanic (dealer, friend, friend of a friend, or even someone from this site) to help you or save your sled for you.
For me, the cash is well spent and things are fixed right.

No disrespect at all but if you can't locate the plugs and remove this job may be bigger then your comfortable with. Take it in. Much cheaper than a new machine.

new4stroker said:
No disrespect at all but if you can't locate the plugs and remove this job may be bigger then your comfortable with. Take it in. Much cheaper than a new machine.

I'd have to agree, get that machine to a mechanic asap! Pulling the plugs should have been step #1.

smokingcrater said:
new4stroker said:

I'd have to agree, get that machine to a mechanic asap! Pulling the plugs should have been step #1.
Ditto

get that baby running fast, you don't want her to sit and rust....operating temp and lets go.....I've also rinsed out my jugs and oil with diesel fuel to eliminate the water... just get it running and change the filter a few times

also for the seat...take out the foam...put it between two sheets of plywood and drive over it with a truck.water should come right out

Back