• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

4 wheel big wheel kit (hurricane 8.5")

Kuzzy

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2020 yamaha sidewinder xtx se
2022 STX GT
2017 King Cat M9000
Anybody have a big wheel kit installed? I have a 2020 xtx se and the big wheels and the track is quite tight, and i have no room to loosen it off. I am just looking for a quick 2nd opinion lol.

I run the J&T 4th wheel and it is super tight with a new track. I thought it wasn't right as well. Track stretches a lot and now there is plenty of adjustment.

I run the J&T 4th wheel and it is super tight with a new track. I thought it wasn't right as well. Track stretches a lot and now there is plenty of adjustment.
Lol I technically have all of my adjustment still

What size wheels were on it stock ?

Attachments

• 20211223_200419_copy_1000x467.jpg
    20211223_200419_copy_1000x467.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 146
Ya the 20+ xtx's have a riot rear skid and you can not use 8.5" wheel kit on it. They come with much smaller rear wheels.I got the kit from jt for my xtx.

Ya the 20+ xtx's have a riot rear skid and you can not use 8.5" wheel kit on it. They come with much smaller rear wheels.I got the kit from jt for my xtx.
I also have the JT kit on my 20 ltx, When I bought my kit Todd told me 20 and up sleds use the smaller 8.2” wheels, 19’s and under can use the 8.5” wheels.

Even with 8.2”wheels and DuPont sliders it’s a very tight fit on my 20.

Lessons learned. Dave will exchange with me. It will all be good and everybody will come out of it knowing more. My stock 3 wheel is still good, I'm not down and out because of it

I also have the JT kit on my 20 ltx, When I bought my kit Todd told me 20 and up sleds use the smaller 8.2” wheels, 19’s and under can use the 8.5” wheels.

Even with 8.2”wheels and DuPont sliders it’s a very tight fit on my 20.
the ltx uses bigger wheels than the 20+ xtx's by about an inch. JT was the only one I found with 4 wheel kit for xtx. My new ltx has a hurricane kit. Hard to know what to get when their changing stuff all the time.

First class customer service.
The catch is that I have to send my wheels to him before he will exchange them. I'll lose a week for Christmas, then another week for them to get there, then somebody there has to open them up, figure out why somebody sent them wheels, then another week for the ones he sends to get to me... I have not decided on what I am going to do yet, I've given a fairly accurate scenario and it is probably on the side of everything going right. I could very well get them when the season is over.

Back