• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

4 wheel big wheel kit (hurricane 8.5")

the ltx uses bigger wheels than the 20+ xtx's by about an inch. JT was the only one I found with 4 wheel kit for xtx. My new ltx has a hurricane kit. Hard to know what to get when their changing stuff all the time.
This is why short generic product descriptions are such a pet peeve of mine. In this case I called and talked to Dave, still didn't help me I guess, it looks like he was under the impression all 2020+ had 8" wheels.

I order the axle and 4 wheel kit from Turbo Dynamics. Heavy duty high quality and fits perfect. Why messing with over sized wheels?
20211224_155507~2.jpg
20211223_165257~2.jpg

Have had the JT stealth big wheel kit on my 17 LTX-LE since about 500 miles, and I’m at 8400 without any rear wheel problems as of yet. I do grease all wheels every couple of years though, and will say that stock hub was garbage.

Yes to a tighter track, and cannot run without the traction block because of the larger wheels, but did try that prior to the larger wheels, and all that did was allow the sled to pick skis a bit more, and damage the suspension because of slamming that scissor too hard with the extra travel. If you do run the bigger wheels, Remember to tighten adjuster bolts after You’ve adjusted the track. It helps to snug them up once the axle is tight whereas those adjuster bolts stick out that much more and have been known to be problematic if no tension is left on them.

I'm running a 2021 LTX GT and its fine with stock 8" wheels. No need for bigger wheels you guys mess with.

I order the axle and 4 wheel kit from Turbo Dynamics. Heavy duty high quality and fits perfect. Why messing with over sized wheels?
View attachment 164564View attachment 164565
They seem all the rage, wanted to get a better quality wheel, and bearing. Also want to upgrade the tensioner spool. The big wheel is not terribly more so that is the way I went

Thanks for the replies. I got the hurricane kit off my sled as be changed over to the stock.... Wow that was tight. I had the skid out when I installed the wheels lol

Nothing wrong with the Hurricane kit , it is a quality kit, you just ordered the wrong size. Going from a 7 in to 8.5 is a big jump. Also the stock wheels on the 19 and up are junk.

Nothing wrong with the Hurricane kit , it is a quality kit, you just ordered the wrong size. Going from a 7 in to 8.5 is a big jump. Also the stock wheels on the 19 and up are junk.
I ordered what Dave said would work, the website has 2 options, stock wheels or big wheels. If you don't know all the specifics (which I didn't) of what to big is, how would you know you were getting the wrong thing? Especially when the owner says it will work? Either way I have decided that I am unwilling to spend any more money on the wheels. Paying for shipping 3 times is probably closer to the cost of the wheels. I'll take the loss and my money somewhere else.

The kit is a nice kit, I was excited to use it

Last edited:
Does the 2022 SRX Sidewinder come with a 3 wheel rear axle like in the old days ?

I'm running a 2021 LTX GT and its fine with stock 8" wheels. No need for bigger wheels you guys mess with
There was a need to update for the first few years, when the Sidewinder first came out, whereas that stock trihub would fail will little mileage!
JT’s kit has taken all that I’ve put it through. Gave my old trihub set up to my buddy, it makes a big wheel kit for his RTX-LE (smaller wheels stock on the rtx)with the added Yamaha outside wheel kit, but needed work after a very short while!

Does the 2022 SRX Sidewinder come with a 3 wheel rear axle like in the old days ?
I just noticed in the Yamaha Canada accessories page for the 22 SRX that the 1" track is predrilled .
Did the track on the production SRX sleds come predrilled ?

Back