• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

40th anni verison of mtx??? 300.00 for what?

skidooboy

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
i see all the other (shorty) models get upgrades of some sort. but i cant see why the nytro mtx is 300.00 more than the non anniversary issue. can anyone enlighten me or is it just the decals??? trying to decide for the wife's sled to buy anni or blue and switch colors. (she's a yellow girl). current sled, bikes, car. everything is yellow, she love's yellow. ski

Anniv Nytro MTX

MSRP is 10,799 vs 10,599 so should only be a
$200 diff (or slightly less if dealer goes by their
cost).
Should not be $300 diff

Ski! I spoke with my dealer today and he assured me that the 40th Anniverary MTX comes standard with reverse. You are right, the wording in the brochures is confusing.

Just snochecked MTX 40th. It does come standard with reverse but you have the option to order it during the spring power surge WITHOUT reverse. I ordered mine with reverse.

Also, the Nytro has a mechanical lever to activate reverse. It is not servo driven like the Phazer.

Lets hope the reverse works better than it does on the Phazer. Does anybody have any first hand knowledge as to how well the reverse works?

go200mph said:
Lets hope the reverse works better than it does on the Phazer. Does anybody have any first hand knowledge as to how well the reverse works?
Ok I understand that it will have a lever to pull to activate the reverse but....... why do most people think that the Phazers push-button system not work well? I took one for a test ride last Feb and shifted to reverse 4 times and it allways engaged quickly and soilidly. My Attak on the other hand, is very finiky.... doesn't always want to engage when there is any pressure on the drive line, and has slipped the gears a few times as well....and that, is a nasty noise!

Most of the phazer reverse issues have been solved.
1. If gears aren't lined up all it takes is a quick shift of weight and it engages
2. some sleds need RPM adjustment after break in, if RPMS
are too high it won't try to engage.

Phazed-Coug said:
Most of the phazer reverse issues have been solved.
1. If gears aren't lined up all it takes is a quick shift of weight and it engages
2. some sleds need RPM adjustment after break in, if RPMS
are too high it won't try to engage.

My Attak and Rage work great. Our Phazer never works right. I've tried adjusting the chain tension and it will work great in the garage on a lift but not on the trail. I always have to lift or tug on the rear bumper to get it to click in. Going back into forward is the same. The weight shift works for me sometimes but not for my 12 year old daughter so I'm always helping her get turned around. She has gotten good at not putting the sled in a position to need reverse very much. I have it at the dealer now for service and they are going to look at it. It almost seems like the little servo motor doesn't have enough power to make the change if the chain isn't sitting just right. I guess I should bring this up in the Phazer forum but I have an MTX on order and I'm glad to see the reverse is mechanical.

the phazers that don't go into reverse very good might need the secondary shimed a little to get more belt deflection if the deflection is not enough it pulls on the secondary and won't let it shift properly take it to a dealer have them check with warrenty and they will explain it

I had some problems getting the Nytro's into reverse, just like I've had on every Yamaha we've ever had. (including the Phazer, but not anymore).

Don't really care if it is mechanical or activated by the push of a button, but it seems the mechanical's have to be in the right position to be willing to shift. You know you sometimes have to give the sled a little 'push' forward to get it in reverse. :4STroke:

Back