• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

509 CF Helmet came in...

sneakattak88 said:
I been thinking about it, it's not about the $$ it's about being cold! Would this set up with a good pair of goggles be warmer then a full face helmet?

I have 509 goggles and a Gmax helmet and I find there are alittle cooler then my modular is.

sharky007 said:
sneakattak88 said:
I been thinking about it, it's not about the $$ it's about being cold! Would this set up with a good pair of goggles be warmer then a full face helmet?

I have 509 goggles and a Gmax helmet and I find there are alittle cooler then my modular is.

Would you ride all day with the 509 goggles and helmet in -20 C weather?

sharky007 said:
skidoots said:
WAY TO MUCH MONEY FOR A CARBON FIBER LOOKING HELMET.

IT IS COOL LOOKING

It's not Carbon Fiber looking..... The helmet is made of CF.

take your helmet and grab the bottem sides with your hands and push them together the helmet will move. If they were a true carbon fiber helmet you could not move this part of the helmet, carbon fiber does not flex plus if it were a true CF helmet it would cost around $1000.00

they are cool looking

When selecting full face carbon fiber helmets, pay attention to the construction techniques chosen by the manufacturer. The specific technique will determine the strength, durability, and price. For maximum strength, ensure the entire shell is constructed out of carbon fiber composite material. Although you will pay more for this construction method, your new helmet will be as strong as possible. The alternative manufacturing method is to cover a fiberglass or plastic shell with carbon composite weave. This offers adequate protection, while keeping costs at a minimum

I'm not sure how the helmet made, It is DOT approved and it seems very well made. No it's not a 1000.00 helmet but it seem much stronger then my GMAX.

Yamatario said:
sharky007 said:
sneakattak88 said:

Would you ride all day with the 509 goggles and helmet in -20 C weather?
I have worn mine on a few cold nights, but if its going to be real cold I will wear my full helmet with the heated shield.

Back