• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

7800mi Service 16 Jackshaft upgrade and Driver/Shaft change 2017 Shaft/Bearing info

Made two of these plates one for each rail and then a flat plate for inside of rail same thing but without the insert in it. They are .105 thick so two are only .040 thinner than rail itself. This means I have to cut the length of shaft the thickness of the two plates on inside. Tomorrow night. Insert is 5/8 in dia stepped down and pressed into the outside plate. Same length as rails are thick - a few thousandths. Holes are a real nice fit with bolts. Drilled the one good rail hole out to 5/8in to accept the insert. Other side I need to weld up first. Will add another smaller shoulder bolt forward once its all bolted in. Wheel mount will be milled off thickness of plate so it can fit under mount. Should work and if not its new rails. Nothing to lose but time. Hey Swampcat had a good one. "Egged hole for Easter"
DSC00782.JPG

DSC00783.JPG

DSC00784.JPG

Would it work better with a spherical roller bearing (jack shaft) in the chain case? Stronger than a ball bearing?

Attachments

• sfariskt_rullager_kullager_medium.1442860558.jpg
    sfariskt_rullager_kullager_medium.1442860558.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 212
Would it work better with a spherical roller bearing (jack shaft) in the chain case? Stronger than a ball bearing?
The ones I see fail it's the cage that fails so that tells me side forces are culprit either from chassis flex or tightening the locking sleeve in wrong position. With the clips on new shaft the shaft can float a little. Should help. Either new or old style assembly is key. Bearing can't be under any side load. Don't see roller style helping since cage is still there. Plain Ball bearing non float style might. Side force ratings would be good info. Need to find out if that's what's in Sidewinder.

side forces are culprit either from chassis flex or tightening the locking sleeve in wrong position. With the clips on new shaft the shaft can float a little. Should help.

Maybe the locking sleeve is the problem? The shaft is to tight to the bearing?

Do you no what bearing in the -16 ?
-14 use a PEER

Attachments

• 2016-04-06-13-26-33--1392642395.png
    2016-04-06-13-26-33--1392642395.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 206
Cannondale, before you upgraded the jackshaft with OEM parts, did you investigate the upgrade offered by OSP? Just wondering. They have posted a removal tutorial on YT. I'm not advertising for them, just finding the best option for me when I do my upgrade this summer.

Cannondale, before you upgraded the jackshaft with OEM parts, did you investigate the upgrade offered by OSP? Just wondering. They have posted a removal tutorial on YT. I'm not advertising for them, just finding the best option for me when I do my upgrade this summer.
No. Never looked into that. Is a couple companies making shafts.

No. The shims line up the gears. Some play there is good since it puts less strain on the wobble bearing than the old locking collar system. Is definitely more there than mine has though.

Back