• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

9 inch wide skis

Psycho Dave

Extreme
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
2021 Arctic Cat Riot X
1986 Aktiv Karibo
Hi.

Any thoughts about the original 9 inch wide skis that was available for RS Viking Professional, flotation, handling on trail, darting, heavy steering and so on?

Hi.

Any thoughts about the original 9 inch wide skis that was available for RS Viking Professional, flotation, handling on trail, darting, heavy steering and so on?

I use 9 Inch skis with Simi Aggressive Snow Trackers on my 2014. (WWW.snowtrackers.com). The steering is excellent and Zero darting. The Snow Trackers were a really big improvement in the steering and handling. With the Snow Trackers the steering actually feels much lighter when you are moving.

Last edited:
Have you been running them without snow trackers? How did they perform then?

Snow Tracker is a Canada/US thing only. Would not work in the snow conditions I have here in Sweden sometimes.

Snow Tracker is a Canada/US thing only. Would not work in the snow conditions I have here in Sweden sometimes.
We get all kinds off snow conditions here, Wet Snow, Frosty snow, Deep snow and sometimes very little snow. I have ran Snow Tracks in every type of condition. They work fantastic.

Sometimes not much snow in this area but when there is and the pack on the trails get high and snow off to the sides get deep or just plain breaking trail I like real wide skies. This is my 5th set of them and sold on the protection it gives being up away from the snags etc. buried under the snow. I never have to dig my front out when I get stuck. Biggest negative I can see is side hilling on steep hills and carving is out cause you ain't going to sink that uphill ski no way. Don't do that anyway.
Here's a link to more pictures on another machine - https://www.facebook.com/stan.zuray/posts/1544669745805921
P1030479 redo.jpg

Sometimes not much snow in this area but when there is and the pack on the trails get high and snow off to the sides get deep or just plain breaking trail I like real wide skies. This is my 5th set of them and sold on the protection it gives being up away from the snags etc. buried under the snow. I never have to dig my front out when I get stuck. Biggest negative I can see is side hilling on steep hills and carving is out cause you ain't going to sink that uphill ski no way. Don't do that anyway.
Here's a link to more pictures on another machine - https://www.facebook.com/stan.zuray/posts/1544669745805921
View attachment 136830
Man that is serious floatation

Back