• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A Arm Paint

Fast Lane

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha Nytro ER
I'm trying to get some summer maintenance done. I replaced the plastic gauge pod/headlight cover that cracked last winter.

Anyone know the paint code that Yamaha uses for the red A arms? I'm starting to loose some paint I see....

IMG_2933.jpeg

I'm pretty sure the paint code is 0918 - Deep red metallic but it would probably be pricey to have that made. Canadian tire has Dupli-color Metalcast spray paint in deep red which looks like it would be a close match. I'm hoping to paint my lower and upper A-arms over the weekend with that paint.

Here are the results from the Dupli-Color Metalcast. You need to lay a base of Dupli-Color Chrome or Metalcast Base before adding the color.

I could only find the Chrome paint so I put a couple coats of that and then did 1 light coat of the red and 2 medium coats, my plan was to do 2 light coats and 1 medium but this stuff covers pretty quickly and I wasn't moving the can fast enough. I ended up with a couple runs but nothing major, overall it looks good and I believe it is quite a close match.

a-arm 1.jpg
a-arm 2.jpg
a-arm 3.jpg
a-arm 5.jpg
a-arm 4.jpg

I think my a arms are a bit brighter of a red. I used some Ford touch up paint for my Mustang today. It’s pretty close. Colorado red. I really should pull the a arms are spray them like you.

I think my a arms are a bit brighter of a red. I used some Ford touch up paint for my Mustang today. It’s pretty close. Colorado red. I really should pull the a arms are spray them like you.
Oh ok, I would have thought that Yamaha would have used the same paint code.

I did a comparison of my painted arm with one of the panels off my sled and it is quite close.
a-arm 6.jpg

Back