• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A new factory installed turbo on the horizon?

This article does make sense as we know Artic Cat will have a Turbo sled and we know when they are done with Suzuki it will be a Yamaha engine.
It will be interesting to see if Yamaha offers the Factory built Turbo the same year that AC releases theirs...maybe the return of the SRX?
I personally would rather see further development of the Apex 4 cylinder, but I'm not holding my breath.

This article does make sense as we know Artic Cat will have a Turbo sled and we know when they are done with Suzuki it will be a Yamaha engine.
It will be interesting to see if Yamaha offers the Factory built Turbo the same year that AC releases theirs...maybe the return of the SRX?
I personally would rather see further development of the Apex 4 cylinder, but I'm not holding my breath.

I too would love to see the development of a new Apex 4 cylinder. I've got over 7K miles on my sled, and figure I will want an update in two years or so, and if they can do something to that motor, count me in!

I still dont see Yamaha going the turbo route. 1) They dont need a turbo to keep the four cylinder competitive with the other big sleds so why add weight and reduce reliability. 2) I believe Cat has the rights to their Suzuki twin cylinder turbo and will make it on there own. 3) Yamaha would be really stepping way outside their conservative nature to release a turbo. With all that being said I do think a factory MOUNTAIN sled turbo could happen but not a trail sled.

Back