• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A New Yamaha Branded Sled Model with a AC 2-Stroke: MP 600 XE Transporter

VX1R

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Ordered: 2025 SW LTX-LE Final Edition
Current Riders:
2018 SW LTX-LE
2002 SRX Custom
Rough Trail: 2023 Lynx Xterrian 900TurboR
Vintage Riders:
1980 Enticer 300 Twin
1986 Inviter
1998 Phazer Mt. Lite
1996 Phazer Mt. Lite Mod
Well if you thought that truth is stranger than fiction....check out the details on this new model that I found today on the Yamaha Motors Scandinavia website that is powered by a wait for it..........Arctic Cat 2-stroke 600:

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/baltic/products/snowmobiles/crossover/mp-600-xe-transporter.aspx

Click on the features and specifications and there's a large picture of the motor.

The specs also list the clutching as Team clutches.

Even though this model is only sold overseas the news of this should really get the peanut gallery on this side of the pond whipped up.

Popcorn-408x408.jpg

Same feature and looks like the BRP Tundra Xtreme

If this is the replacement for the current MP, I say no. It's a single seater, windshield is too small, seat is too small (for my fat butt anyway). There is nothing Yamaha in here. Yamaha swore off 2 smokes when they came out with the RX so this is a complete reversal. Total turn off for purists and 4 strokers.

However, this seems to be an in-between the VK and Viper. Long track and light, not so much a trail sled with that track.

It took me a while to connect the dots that it was a Norseman 6000 in all but the name.

Regardless, it is a great looking sled that would have some good applications. In my neck of the woods, there is a niche for trapping and remote cabin access that the Bravo used to fill, and still does. We're starting to see VKs show up, and of course some Polaris WTs have showed up as stopgaps, but I could definitely see this transporter getting picked up a fair bit, provided the price is reasonable. Unless Poo goes even harder after low price, high volume, high maintenance sales "and service" and undercuts for sticker shoppers.

HMMMMMM...ok, I would take a Lexus engine in my Dodge, but would not like a Dodge engine in my Lexus. Just sayin...

The Cat 600 DSI is more of a Lexus than a Dodge.

And Arctic cat has the VK540 with nothing AC but the AC stickers on the sled and a different color. That 600 had proven to be a very reliable engine so far, best 600 2 smoke by far. We might be looking at a the future, a complete merger of product lines, or both gone from snowmobiling.

I like the colors !

Attachments

• 2019-Yamaha-MP600-SE-EU-Yamaha-Black-Studio-001.jpg
    2019-Yamaha-MP600-SE-EU-Yamaha-Black-Studio-001.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 288

Back