• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Adapt Cat clutch

X2. Balance/harmonics/resonance is very important. Historically, many engines, clutches, shafts, flywheels, exhaust pipes, engine mounts, bulkheads, etc, etc have failed due to getting it wrong.
Was talking with service manager yesterday at my cat/yamy dealership, he came from textron as a enginear, worked on thundercat development, asked why the bushings in the upper chaincase gear wont last for some, including me, he stated harmonics and vibes.

Was talking with service manager yesterday at my cat/yamy dealership, he came from textron as a enginear, worked on thundercat development, asked why the bushings in the upper chaincase gear wont last for some, including me, he stated harmonics and vibes.
Maybe he won't admit its a bad design and cheap bushing.

Maybe he won't admit its a bad design and cheap bushing.
From what my dealer tells me, most upper bearing wear comes from overtight chains serviced by customers. My sled has been boosted since day one. It hooks hard and is ridden hard. I pulled the gear while servicing the chain case and found little if any wear as compared to a new bushing. Since the bushing is inexpensive a new one was pressed in. Would have had no problem running the old bushing for many miles.

No doubt the lower bushing behind the brake is an issue. They change lots of them on all the cat models. 6000's, 7000,s, 8000,s, and Turbos.

From what my dealer tells me, most upper bearing wear comes from overtight chains serviced by customers. My sled has been boosted since day one. It hooks hard and is ridden hard. I pulled the gear while servicing the chain case and found little if any wear as compared to a new bushing. Since the bushing is inexpensive a new one was pressed in. Would have had no problem running the old bushing for many miles.

No doubt the lower bushing behind the brake is an issue. They change lots of them on all the cat models. 6000's, 7000,s, 8000,s, and Turbos.

The upper gear bushings are junk.
We have seen quite a few of them shot with proper tension on the drive chain.
The dealer is telling you a story.

21 uppers worse you guys see? I never had an issue but ran 25 uppers and not oem.

I haven't seen a stock bushing make it past 3000 miles, unless the sled has a driver that just puts along.

I guess the Taylor gears are that much better?
Don’t run oem
Have seen them with over 15k miles

I guess the Taylor gears are that much better?
Don’t run oem
Have seen them with over 15k miles
Yes, and probably a better bushing.
I got some bushings from NYturbo with an improved metal content, and they last much better.

I haven't seen a stock bushing make it past 3000 miles, unless the sled has a driver that just puts along.
Maybe I am just lucky with my bushing. Got 5000 miles on mine and it was still more than serviceable. I run a mod stock turbo, about 300hp, heavily studded, TAPP clutch, and drive it like I stole it much of the time.

Maybe I am just lucky with my bushing. Got 5000 miles on mine and it was still more than serviceable. I run a mod stock turbo, about 300hp, heavily studded, TAPP clutch, and drive it like I stole it much of the time.

So your running a 22 thundercat.
Jarrett mentioned they changed something for 22 model year.
Hopefully we will hear more from the 22 model year sleds.

Maybe they have in fact used a better bushing!

Maybe they have in fact used a better bushing!
They are apply'n a transparent type coating to the bushing, i have bought two 24 tooth sprockets from cat since january and both had this "film".

Back