• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Adding LED front light on 05 Vector

4strokeluvr111

Please stay between the markers!
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Bought a new 05 Vector which I still have
24K miles
I want to add an LED lightbar to the front of my Vector for added light while driving at night. I plan to install a separate switch so I can turn them off so I don't blind an oncoming rider.

My question is how many watts can the lightbar be? I don't want to burn out the Stator (I think that's what charges the battery) and I'm already running a heated seat, and GPS with a heater pad behind it.

I'm currently looking at a 7.5 wide bar that pulls 102W but I'm concerned that this will strain the system too much.

TIA! <old bump beer glass emoji>

BUMP

No help out there? What is the watt output of the stator? Anyone know?

Spend your money wisely and put in Rocs HID's and get better light in snow dust and at night than what any LED bar can put out. And maintain a nice stock appearance.

I've had them in four yamaha's with great luck.

Good luck,

Spend your money wisely and put in Rocs HID's and get better light in snow dust and at night than what any LED bar can put out. And maintain a nice stock appearance.

I've had them in four yamaha's with great luck.

Good luck,
I've had HIDs and are currently running LEDs. I just want more light available when I'm riding at night.

Back