• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Adding oil pressure gauge to my RX1

Ron's

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Vector LTX
I'm trying to find out if anyone has ever added an Oil PSI gauge to a RX1 as I don't much trust idiot lights. Any help would be appreciated!

Oooooooo I like the idea of gauge! if you find out how please update us

Hmm not bad idea but all the bouncing around a sled does if the plastic line rubbs threw or breaks poof there goes ur oil aftermarket gauge is gonna be a a mechincal gauge would think u could just t into the tank return line line and get ur reading there use brass t and hose barbs

If it's possible would probably go with totally electric gauge to iliminate possibility of oil line being rubbed through. If I can find an oil gallery on the engine I will try it out.

The oil cooler adapter has a big bolt on it right beside the filter. I drilled and tapped that bolt for A 90 degree an fitting and used a small Autometer mechanical gauge in the old ignition switch as I moved the ignition to the other side. Braided line that I used wouldn't wear thru. I used P# 2180 autometer. You could use an electric one as well but I wanted the simplicity and reliability of a mechanical gauge

Last edited:
Thanks man I will look into that. I love gauges instead of idiot lights.

Back