• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ah crap

I was changing my oil last night and was useing a craftsman allen (the kind with the rounded/ball tip on the long end) to remove the plug in the motor and.... SNAP #$%&* the end of the allen broke off flush with the head of the bolt :o| so now the end of my allen is stuck in the head of this bolt. what should i do? vice grips wont work already tried.

Maby try taping on it with a screwdriver and hammer in the opposite direction that it broke and it should fall out.

Try Krazy gluing the broken pieces together to see if it will pull the ball out or go at it with a Dremel and diamond bit.

Magnet, mig weld a tack on it and it should pull out, , jb weld, yammiRX1 said crazy glue, what ever you use to remove it just remember that you should always use a non rounded allen key if you can get at it nice and straight like this bolt !!! Lesson learned the hard way !!! good luck buddy !!!

ok i got it loose but not out its like this thing is teaseing me lol i can rattle the pice around inside of the head of the bolt but it wont fall out i bet if i rode it some the heat and vibration would shake it out. i thik last time i used a 3/8 drive allen so i paid the price for being lazy this time :o|

09phazermichagan said:
ok i got it loose but not out its like this thing is teaseing me lol i can rattle the pice around inside of the head of the bolt but it wont fall out i bet if i rode it some the heat and vibration would shake it out. i thik last time i used a 3/8 drive allen so i paid the price for being lazy this time :o|

Once those snap in they are stuck!!! Use a chizl and hammer get the bolts out and replace the drain plug

You could try a small masonary drill bit (carbide tip) to see if you can get a hole in it and then use an easy out.

The same think happened to me on the windshield mount. Snapped one of those round-head craftsman allen wrenches right off. At least it was the first one I tried.

My dealer delivered my new Phazer with the mount installed upside down on the riser block. Not only does it leave a gap between the headlight and the shield, it leaves the crossbar on top, so I cannot install a factory windshield bag.

My dealer denies that this is the case, but I have pics of me taking delivery with a huge smile on my face! They should be the jokers trying to get that sucker out of there. It's almost impossible without a welder.

You could try grinding a slot in the head with a dremel and use a nice large flat screwdriver with a wrench-able shaft....

I vote for removing plug with chisel/sharp punch and hammer also_Otherwise try using a 1/2" drillbit right into the allen bolt hole.What you are trying to do is cut the small lip that is keeping the ballend in there.You might have to grind of the very tip off the drill go in until it hits the ball.Then use a Pick and magnet to get it out.Diegrinder would work also.There should still be enough of allen hole left to remove it with a good sharp straight allen key.I feel your pain buddy.Hang in there.Call it names.Usually makes a guy feel better!

so happy i could cry :) beers on me!!!! I got it out i had to drill about half way into the bolt head then got is out with a pic and small hammer. never will a ball end allen touch my babby again thanks guys. btw got lots of oil out of the pan 1/3 quart maybe

Back