• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Air box mod ulmer or schmidt

bluegrass

Extreme
Do both ulmer and schmidt air box mod do the same thing or is it two different types of mod. I believe with ulmer mod you need to also run a fuel
Commander and with schmidt u don't so I am not shore that they are both trying to do the same thing with there mod

ulmer is K&N filers and actually makes power...

schmidt brothers is a mod to the air box lid....make some deep, sweet, sounds but power, not really sure about that

Allen at Ulmer has tried a bunch of different options and any air box lid mod actually lost power....

Send him an email or call him....he'll answer any questions you have....

my buddy does have the schmidt borthers air box mod and really likes it.....

Hurricane makes an airbox mod that works, but was designed to work with the Hindle exhaust. It was developed on my sled and makes as much power as the K&Ns. The advantage of it over filters is fitment.

shaddow44 said:
Hurricane makes an airbox mod that works, but was designed to work with the Hindle exhaust. It was developed on my sled and makes as much power as the K&Ns. The advantage of it over filters is fitment.

I agree... Knowing what I know now, I believe the bullseye flow just as much and K&N's. The K&n's work great, but a pain in the #*$&@ to make them fit and keep them from falling off.

SledFreak said:
shaddow44 said:

I agree... Knowing what I know now, I believe the bullseye flow just as much and K&N's. The K&n's work great, but a pain in the #*$&@ to make them fit and keep them from falling off.

I think placement is key...Schmidt Bros place theirs down lower on the lid but still inline with the air horns...Hurricanes are almost above the air horns...I would love to see the difference in gains on the dyno.

shaddow44 said:
SledFreak said:
shaddow44 said:

I think placement is key...Schmidt Bros place theirs down lower on the lid but still inline with the air horns...Hurricanes are almost above the air horns...I would love to see the difference in gains on the dyno.

I doudt there is much of a difference..

Back