• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Air pod vents??

I couldnt notice any difference either.Louder though.This mod will need to be dynoed.Airbox on one end and exhaust on other or anything in between.All are potential restrictions affecting each other.Either way the Frogskinz sure looks like the ticket if its needed.Great find!

So bringing this topic back up to the top, what pods do you guys recomend, can you only put a couple and get a small increase? What i'm thinking for me is to put 2 pods under the little blue nose piece out of sight if it doesnt require adjusting of the maps by power commander. I don't have a power commander so i'm just wondering if its worth it. I know it won't be much but the little things add up...

I am going to say no not worth it.But maybe some sleds are richer stock than others.I would say just try opening your airbox differing amounts to see the effect.Be careful to not mistake intake noise for power.Without a dyno I just use top speed and pull to estimate power.Either way its a free test and should directly be comparable to differing amounts of airpods.Now throw a tuner into equation and I have no doubt they would increase power.

It is possible to richen the fuel injection without the tuner. And I noticed a diff when I installed mine but lets face it besides a turbo there isn't much you can do to improve this engine besides baby tweeks.

I would need to look back but I did freeride track first which lost me about 5mph.Ulmer kit got me back about 2 or 3 of the 5 I lost.More importantly I wasnt banging the rev limiter all the time once kit was installed.

80h4thephaze said:
Yeah I figured it wouldn't. What do you guys think about the ulmer clutch kit for top end. Does it actually increase the top end of loose some?

No change in speed

Back