• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

airbox question. help please

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder 2011 vector gt 2010 fx nytro 2009 vector gt
does anyone know the difference between the 2006-10 apex airbox bottom and the 2011-13 airbox bottom? i know the tops are different but i`m not sure on the bottoms. just trying to figure out if you can run the 2011 and newer lower on the 06-10 models or vise versa

the boots are longer and also doesnt have the nipple on the right side underneath. 2011 box also has a nipple on the back of the box facing the handlebars which slips onto some sort on vent. you could make it work but for what theyre worth used youre better off just to get the right box for the right year just due to boots being different

i run a 2007 airbox on my 2011 just tried it out to see if there was any difference ,seem to run better on top end but did'nt run it back to back to prove it

07 Apex Gt said:
i run a 2007 airbox on my 2011 just tried it out to see if there was any difference ,seem to run better on top end but did'nt run it back to back to prove it

how did you run the hoses if the nipples are different?

i did'nt connect the hose on the left side,just the hose right beside it on the bottom of the box ,makes a little whistling sound other than that it's fine and the new lid fits the 07 box

Back