• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

All-Terrain Wheels? Now with prototype pics!!

moab11

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 SKS 155
I have been looking at Timbersled's All-Terrain Wheel kits, and while extremely nice looking, I almost fell out of my chair looking at the price!

Just wondering if anyone has bought a set of these, and how you like them?

Or has anyone made something similar?

My main purpose being moving the sleds around in the early fall and late spring when there isn't any snow on the ground.

Jeff

Thanks, I have seen those before, but I am looking for something a little more rugged to go over my gravel driveway and dirt floor shed.

Most of what I have seen on the market used small skinny wheels that look like they would sink/plow on softer surfaces.

Jeff

moab11 said:
Thanks, I have seen those before, but I am looking for something a little more rugged to go over my gravel driveway and dirt floor shed.

Most of what I have seen on the market used small skinny wheels that look like they would sink/plow on softer surfaces.

Jeff

Looks like they would be easy enough to make?

Lots of parts/wheels etc at Princess Auto for cheap if it takes a few attempts?

Re: All-Terrain Wheels?

moab11 said:
I have been looking at Timbersled's All-Terrain Wheel kits, and while extremely nice looking, I almost fell out of my chair looking at the price!

Just wondering if anyone has bought a set of these, and how you like them?

Or has anyone made something similar?

My main purpose being moving the sleds around in the early fall and late spring when there isn't any snow on the ground.

Jeff

I just about fell over too....wow $600

yep, so I went shopping at canadian tire and home depot last night, about $225 later I think I have what I need to build my own version with 10" wheels(couldn't find 8")

I'll try and post pics of how I build them hopefully tonight.

Jeff

Well I guess better late than never!

I have one done, but need to get some different aluminum tubing as my 1x2" just isn't quite tall enough to allow the keel to hang between the rails.

Basically I used 4 3 12" long 5/8" bolts, 4 pieces of 5/8" ready rod 2 1/2" long some 5/8" washers and 5/8" coupling nuts. Each tire is 10" in diameter and 4 1/2" wide with a load rating of 400lbs at 30psi. width between the tires is 8 1/2", tires are approx 13" apart on center. I do have an idea for mounting a ratchet strap to each set to hold it to the ski, but will wait until I have my new aluminum.

Let me know what you think!
Jeff

Attachments

• IMG00036-20110303-1902.jpg
    IMG00036-20110303-1902.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,715
  • IMG00037-20110303-1903.jpg
    IMG00037-20110303-1903.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 410

Back